Wet Weather Protection

plainsman

Featured Posts

I have the usual wet gear but when raining and at the tiller the rain runs off my suit into the cabin (I have a trad stern). Anyone any ideas on how to stop the rain entering the cabin? Any equipment designed for this problem?

Alex

I have the usual wet gear but when raining and at the tiller the rain runs off my suit into the cabin (I have a trad stern). Anyone any ideas on how to stop the rain entering the cabin? Any equipment designed for this problem?

Alex

I can help you with your problem. Get an umbrella!!!!!

Umbrellas are good.

- Also, its worth having the cabin designed to cope with geting damp at the back.

- Im sorry, but i dont know of anything clever designed for this specifc job!

Maybe you could get a boat cover manufactor to modify your rain mack to button onto the cabin!!

Daniel

Alex

Thanks everyone for you replies - regarding the umbrella, that's what I've been using up to now but it gets in the way of the chimney to the BMC. If I find a workable solution I'll post.

Alex

We both have one of those poncho's and find they are big enough to wear and drape over the hatch opening, helps keep things dry including us, and we paid a lot less than the price quoted on that website.

In my youth they were called cycling capes. :angry:

Edited by Bernie

Go below, close hatch. Place rain hat on table, open bottle of whisky. Drink whisky until rain stops or hat goes outside to steer.

I think this is your answer. I would go inside someone elses boat and drink their booze for preference!!!

• 1 month later...