Lovely boat for sale

Chris Pink

Featured Posts

Beautifull indeed, moored next to her last week, on the river in Bath.

For such a distinctive and nice looking boat Google is sadly devoid of many pictures of it. The only ones I can find are on the web site link in the OP.

:(

Well found one other one -

7413.jpg

Currently on Sawley Marina's website - up for £20k

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/sawleymarina/products/product-937795.stm

Edited by The Dog House

I suppose the vanished hull is more difficult to keep up than a painted ones you see more often

No a good varnish is better than paint, in my opinion, as it feeds the wood as well as protecting it.

Most wooden leisure boats were originally varnished until grp became fashionable and the hulls were painted white to mimic the new trend.

I am now doing an inventory of all my possessions to see how much I can raise before they shatter my dreams when they respond to my email.

I am now doing an inventory of all my possessions to see how much I can raise before they shatter my dreams when they respond to my email.

According to this, (assuming it is in any way current!), they are not looking at that small amounts for this boat!

Yes a very interesting looking boat.

Although I'm on the lookout for a classic wooden boat, this one is too nice for me. In my experience wooden boats need the full attention of the owner to be properly maintained and my attention is already split across two boats!

What does the board think about all those side fenders? On balance, I think they suit the wooden hull. It would look a bit vulnerable without them IMO...

Mike

they are not looking at that small amounts for this boat!

Seems reasonable to me if the hull is in good nick and it is actually seaworthy.

Out of my price range though at the moment.

Edited to add: That has to be the worst brokerage site on the internet. The Apollo free ads are better.

Edited by carlt

According to this, (assuming it is in any way current!), they are not looking at that small amounts for this boat!

See above

I can't work out if that is current or not either - the colours scheme looks different for one thing (and very badly presented for such a stunning boat)

See above

I can't work out if that is current or not either - the colours scheme looks different for one thing (and very badly presented for such a stunning boat)

"See above" possibly, but you edited that bit in after I posted, I think!

See above

EDITED TO ADD:

I'm not convinced that "shopcreator" web-site is any kind of site officially linked to Sawley marina. The real site sees to have "BWML" in its URL, and not link obviously to a "shopcreator" URL.

EDITED TO ADD:

I'm not convinced that "shopcreator" web-site is any kind of site officially linked to Sawley marina. The real site sees to have "BWML" in its URL, and not link obviously to a "shopcreator" URL.

I think you are correct - the one we linked to also has a British Waterways logo on it too -

The link to their current brokerage is here -

http://www.bwml.co.uk/brokerage/0

and no sign of Lutra Parva

Edited by The Dog House

Seems reasonable to me if the hull is in good nick and it is actually seaworthy.

Out of my price range though at the moment.

Edited to add: That has to be the worst brokerage site on the internet. The Apollo free ads are better.

Indeed you are correct. Sawley marina has to be theeeee worlds worst brokerage. All the boats are way overpriced and well grotty looking. Dobsons of Shardlow did however build great boats in the past and I assume it to be one of theirs unless it is from elsewhere ?

Tim

Dobsons of Shardlow did however build great boats in the past and I assume it to be one of theirs unless it is from elsewhere ?

Tim

Definitely Dobsons of Shardlow.

They did indeed build nice boats though I helped dismantle one once that had traditional oak bottoms and chine plank and everything above was marine ply with Dexion knees so they built at least one proper minger too.

Should be quite quick!.....

LUTRA PARVA Built by DOBSONS - Length 12.19 metres (40 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.55 metres (1 feet 10 inches ) Wooden hull, power of 62 BHP. Registered with British Waterways number 60751 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 20-Apr-2012.

Should be quite quick!.....

I guess you'd want it to be

This is Lutra Parva. Lutra Parva is an oak estuary narrowboat, as far as we know, one of only two built to order in 1967. She has a "Lloyds of London" name.

She is not your average narrowboat. As well as being wooden, she has an estuary shape- a V shaped keel and a lovely, swooping bow (rumours have it that the eccentric first owner used to race her around the coast to beat his canal-bound companions

Well I had a swift response to my email but the price has gone up since the little Sawley ad...to £25k.

Out of my price range and, taking my wood tinted spectacles off for a moment, overpriced considering what is about at the moment for a lot less.

They may well get what they want because of the uniqueness of the boat but it would take one individual to fall in love and hang the expense.

Spectacles back on...If I had the cash swilling about I would buy it.