Fenders while cruising

RichLech

Featured Posts

Just my opinion but, isn't it about personal preference?

Not being lucky enough to own my own yet I am probably not qualified to comment.

But, I reckon, each to their own. Some like them up. Some like them down.

I doubt I'd shout out either way

We're all different :)

On my very first voyage on Pangolin, at almost the last lock before home, I found I couldn't get out, no matter how much welly I gave the boat. I looked at my daughter, totally puzzled. After awhile the guy in the boat behind me climbed on our roof, and without saying a word pulled up every fender and walked off. The boat glided out of the lock.

It is a lesson I haven't forgotten,

(In my defense, the only fenders that were down were the little narrow ones -- and I now know they will fit in most locks.)

On my very first voyage on Pangolin, at almost the last lock before home, I found I couldn't get out, no matter how much welly I gave the boat. I looked at my daughter, totally puzzled. After awhile the guy in the boat behind me climbed on our roof, and without saying a word pulled up every fender and walked off. The boat glided out of the lock.

It is a lesson I haven't forgotten,

(In my defense, the only fenders that were down were the little narrow ones -- and I now know they will fit in most locks.)

Priceless! :cheers:

• 3 years later...