Econfan fan grub screw size

MtB

Featured Posts

One of my Ecofans has a fan blade which is loose on the electric motor shaft.

It's held in place by a tiny grubscrew which tightens onto the motor shaft, but tightening it is turning into a problem. My 2.0mm Allen key is too big to fit the hexagon socket on the grubscrew, and my 1.5mm Allen key is too small, spinning in the socket. OK, I think, it must by an imperial size, 1/16", so I bought an imperial Allen key set and the 1/16" key spins in the socket too. DOH!!

So what size could it be? Anyone?

Do I need to get out more?

:)

It's held in place by a tiny grubscrew which tightens onto the motor shaft, but tightening it is turning into a problem. My 2.0mm Allen key is too big to fit the hexagon socket on the grubscrew, and my 1.5mm Allen key is too small, spinning in the socket. OK, I think, it must by an imperial size, 1/16", so I bought an imperial Allen key set and the 1/16" key spins in the socket too. DOH!!

Hi Mike

Give theses guys a call Calfire They service the units.

You probably do need to get out more :lol:

Cheers

Roger

3/32'' or 7/64'' You could Araldite or solder the 1/16th key into the socket and melt it out after its tightened. Or grind the flats of the larger key down carefully to fit.

Edited by bizzard

3/32'' or 7/64'' You could Araldite or solder the 1/16th key into the socket and melt it out after its tightened. Or grind the flats of the larger key down carefully to fit.

Bugger that, if I'm getting the Araldite out, I'm Aralditing it directly to the motor shaft!

Come to think about it, that seeems an extremely good option....

thanks!