Left on Croxton Flash

Ray T

Featured Posts

Last night whilst our boat was moored on the Tesco side of the Oxford at Brownsover, Rugby, somebody left this knot display board on the bow:

dscf5485u.jpg

There is a post-it note on the back with writing on it. I have no idea why it was left on the boat.

If it belongs to any one who can describe the boards idiosyncrasies I will make sure it is returned to its rightful owner.

Edited by Ray T

Last night whilst our boat was moored on the Tesco side of the Oxford at Brownsover, Rughby, somebody left this knot display board on the bow:

dscf5485u.jpg

There is a post-it note on the back with writing on it. I have no idea why it was left on the boat.

If it belongs to any one who can describe the boards idiosyncrasies I will make sure it is returned to its rightful owner.

I'm knot sure why anyone would do that either.

:unsure:

Looks like somebody thought you could use it.

Reminds me of when I parked the Shogun I used to own in Wigan. When I came back to it there was a brand new boxed clutch kit by the drivers door. Some kind person obviously didn't need it and thoguht I might. The irony was that my Shogun was an automatic.

Last night whilst our boat was moored on the Tesco side of the Oxford at Brownsover, Rugby, somebody left this knot display board on the bow:

dscf5485u.jpg

perhaps they thought you were from knottingham.:rolleyes:

dscf5485u.jpg

Didn't that used to be hanging on the wall of the chandlery at Rose Narrowboats at Brinklow?

That's a very interesting knot display board.

I've seen a lot of those in various pubs, sailing clubs, fire stations, etc but there are some on there that I've not seen before

If you can't find the previous owner and you don't want it, I'd like to have a closer look at it

At first I thought Left on Croxton Flash was directions to Northwich from Middlewich. Then I spent ages trying to figure out the connection between Rugby and Croxton Flash. Eventually I saw the name of your boat. :(

Our boat is named after the flash.

A few years ago we spent an idylic summers evening in a BP hire boat, we were out on the stern with a bottle of wine, a good book each and a pair of Great Crested Grebes were swimming and diving in Croxton Flash.

Hence the name, picture on the stern and my avatar.

Good job we didn't moor off Billinge Green Flash.

update230210004.jpg