Accessing CWDF via my Android phone

Ange

Featured Posts

Apologies if this has been covered before. I did try searching (honest!) but lost the will to live as Android and phone are mentioned in loads of posts!

I've been peeking at the forum for quite a while on my phone, but I've never tried posting more than a few words because my old phone was a bit of a 'mare to use. The new one is much better and the forum is much easier to access and read, but there's some functionality missing that makes posting trickier. The main issues at the moment are that there doesn't seem to be any option to quote a post, and I can't get into my account settings at all.

Is there some sort of app I can download to make life easier? I know a lot of people are on the forum all time on their phones so I'm thinking there must be something I can do.

It's not the end of the world if there's no more functionality than I've got at the moment as I much prefer the lappy keyboard, but occasionally (like today when I spent 7 hours in the car) it'd be nice to interact more on the forum.

Ta in advance for any suggestions :)

Edited cos peaking and peeking have very different meanings! :lol:

Edited by Ange

Apologies if this has been covered before. I did try searching (honest!) but lost the will to live as Android and phone are mentioned in loads of posts!

I've been peeking at the forum for quite a while on my phone, but I've never tried posting more than a few words because my old phone was a bit of a 'mare to use. The new one is much better and the forum is much easier to access and read, but there's some functionality missing that makes posting trickier. The main issues at the moment are that there doesn't seem to be any option to quote a post, and I can't get into my account settings at all.

Is there some sort of app I can download to make life easier? I know a lot of people are on the forum all time on their phones so I'm thinking there must be something I can do.

It's not the end of the world if there's no more functionality than I've got at the moment as I much prefer the lappy keyboard, but occasionally (like today when I spent 7 hours in the car) it'd be nice to interact more on the forum.

Scroll down your screen, at the bottom left hand corner, it should say full version, click on that. You should then get the web version.

Scroll down your screen, at the bottom left hand corner, it should say full version, click on that. You should then get the web version.

Aha such a simple solution - thank you! I had seen that but thought it said "full version search" rather than "full version" and "search"!

A bit of a trade off as it's really hard to read, but I can expand the bits I need to make it possible to touch the right words.

:cheers:

If you tap on the post you want to quote the "reply" option should come up, allowing you to show the post you have selcted in your response.As for settings view "full version" then when you have changed what you want change the IP board setting (at the bottom of the page) back to to "mobile".

If you tap on the post you want to quote the "reply" option should come up, allowing you to show the post you have selcted in your response.As for settings view "full version" then when you have changed what you want change the IP board setting (at the bottom of the page) back to to "mobile".

Yay that worked! I hope!

Thank you :cheers:

Posted that on my phone! when I came back to my lappy it was in mobile mode which was very odd!

Edited by Ange

I much prefer the lappy keyboard, but occasionally (like today when I spent 7 hours in the car) it'd be nice to interact more on the forum.

So do I. I find trying to write anything more than the briefest text message a real pain. I bought a Verbatim Bluetooth mobile keyboard for my Android phone. Here .

I'm very pleased with it. Almost as good as using a proper keyboard.

Yay that worked! I hope!

Posted that on my phone! when I came back to my lappy it was in mobile mode which was very odd!

People have reported previously that if you log in in one mode on another device then when you look at the forum on a differing device it seems to 'stick' - there is a workaround which from memory involves logging out and back in again.

Yay that worked! I hope!

Yes, and the same happens the other way as well; Ie the phone doesn't recognise the board is not in mobile mode and everything appears small so you have to switch it manually.

People have reported previously that if you log in in one mode on another device then when you look at the forum on a differing device it seems to 'stick' - there is a workaround which from memory involves logging out and back in again.

Fortunately, my new Android phone doesn't present this problem. I get the mobile version on the phone and the full version on the desktop

Richard

While we are at it, I only ever post using either my tablet or iphone, so if it looks like I am always looking at your page or smell things krong its kecause of that rk!

So do I. I find trying to write anything more than the briefest text message a real pain. I bought a Verbatim Bluetooth mobile keyboard for my Android phone. Here .

I'm very pleased with it. Almost as good as using a proper keyboard.

Ah - what a good idea! Thanks for that, I think I'll get myself one.

While we are at it, I only ever post using either my tablet or iphone, so if it looks like I am always looking at your page or smell things krong its kecause of that rk!

Oh yes, I'm sure visits to people's profiles have increased dramatically since people started accessing the board via phones! I reckon my success rate for reaching the desired page is about 50/50 at the moment :)