lighting up of the Pontcysyllte Aqueduc

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

I have never seen Ben actually on the case when we have passed through though - they just seem to be left switched on........

Perhaps Ben needs to go and replace some of the many failed bulbs, as it is slowly getting less and less illuminated over time!

Sorry eeeee

Sorry eeeee

Should have had a "tongue_in_cheek: in there - wasn't having a go, honest!

In a way it's a shame Newbold can't have some kind of motion detectors, to stop them burning away for the 99% of the time that nobody is looking at them. Seems a bit of a waste of energy, if not actually being viewed!

In a way it's a shame Newbold can't have some kind of motion detectors, to stop them burning away for the 99% of the time that nobody is looking at them. Seems a bit of a waste of energy, if not actually being viewed!

I'm pretty sure they go off on a timed basis late at night at least - to save disturbing bats seemingly.

No offence taken

I agree waste of energy

Well if it's brought the aquaduct to the notice of some thousands of people then it is probably a start to publicising the canals as attractions, which is the start of bringing more paying punters in.

They could show Julia Bradbury again ...

we went over the Pontcysyllte today,and are going back over tomorrow! :boat:

I hid in the cabin when we went over it last week - did you and dad both stay outside?

I know dad can get funny with heights

I hid in the cabin when we went over it last week - did you and dad both stay outside?

I know dad can get funny with heights

Dad hated it!I sat on the step just in front of him,it was windy and the boat banged on the side as we went accross :captain: