New Dawn Project

Featured Posts

A group of enthusiasts with The Chesterfield Canal Trust have, for a number of years, been working on a project to recreate a "cuckoo boat" of the type that would have worked The Chesterfield Canal when it was a working waterway.

Last night we had the privelidge of going along to have a look at this project and We were extremely impressed by the dedication and enthusiasm of the group who are involved in the work.

Some details of the project can be found here:

New Dawn Clicky

The project has moved on from the updates shown on that link. It seems the relatively dry winter meant they were able to get on with the build at a good pace but now summer is hear the weather is so attrocious it has slowed them down!

I did take a few photo's last night, It was really good that the sun came out to allow them to share the progress so far with so many people but odd angle of the sun did not make for great photo's!

481965_10151014833654070_401873915_n.jpg

531262_10151015292104070_1976273961_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They were hoping to have the steamer going to demonstrate it to us that evening but they were running out of time.

I will see whether one of the guys involved with the project can keep the forum updated. I know it will be of interest to quite a few on here

• 3 months later...