Lift out and blacking on the south oxford

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Any thoughts on options for a lift out location on the south oxford for a survey plus prop shaft replacement plus cratch repairs plus blacking?

The boat is 70 ft which I think rules out Oxfordshire Narrowboats at Eynsham? Also given that it would need to be out of the water for a fair few days for closing the sale, then repairs and blacking, does this limit the possible choices further? Is there normally a cost per day for this?

Loads more questions to come....

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Any thoughts on options for a lift out location on the south oxford for a survey plus prop shaft replacement plus cratch repairs plus blacking?

The boat is 70 ft which I think rules out Oxfordshire Narrowboats at Eynsham? Also given that it would need to be out of the water for a fair few days for closing the sale, then repairs and blacking, does this limit the possible choices further? Is there normally a cost per day for this?

Loads more questions to come....

Thanks in advance.

There's a slip just north of Cropredy that I THINK can take 70 feet. Don't have his number to hand. If you want to pm me a mobile no I'll get it and text you. Haul out/in fee, daily on slip fee, jet wash hire, electricity, etc,etc.

Frank

Yes, it's called The Slipway, near Varney's Lock if memory serves, run by a Welsh chap. Certainly I have seen full-length boats on there - the slipway looks much longer than 70 feet.

Yes, it's called The Slipway, near Varney's Lock if memory serves, run by a Welsh chap. Certainly I have seen full-length boats on there - the slipway looks much longer than 70 feet.

Thanks, it looks like Clattercote wharf could do it which is just south of the slipway or is it the same place?

Oxfordshire nb is at heyford not eynsham, but you're right they can't safely lift over 56 ft in the crane. But from memory I think they can do 70 diagonally across the dry dock...

Good point, I meant to say Oxford Cruisers, sorry...

1341249750[/url]' post='899198']

Thanks, it looks like Clattercote wharf could do it which is just south of the slipway or is it the same place?

Good point, I meant to say Oxford Cruisers, sorry...

Give Oxford Cruisers at Eynsham a ring just in case they can - they have a crane but they also have a slip. 01865 881698

Give Oxford Cruisers at Eynsham a ring just in case they can - they have a crane but they also have a slip. 01865 881698

On my list for tomorrow, thanks. Sorry to hear about your prang btw.

Cropredy Boatyard is not Clattercote Wharf. Clattercote Wharf doesn't do repairs etc. Just really pleasant moorings.

However, Cropredy Boatyard details.Between Bridges 149-150. Mobile 07790 843865. I have a card which says Blacking, maintenance,welding, lifting Equipment. DIY Welcome. It IS a slipway. If you are lucky and you are the only boat there, there is a covered area at the top end of the slipway.

Martyn

Depends where you are on the South Oxford. I usually head north and go get lifted and blacked at Braunston.

Is that, Young,Lifted and Blacked?

Cropredy Boatyard is not Clattercote Wharf. Clattercote Wharf doesn't do repairs etc. Just really pleasant moorings.

However, Cropredy Boatyard details.Between Bridges 149-150. Mobile 07790 843865. I have a card which says Blacking, maintenance,welding, lifting Equipment. DIY Welcome. It IS a slipway. If you are lucky and you are the only boat there, there is a covered area at the top end of the slipway.

Martyn

Is that, Young,Lifted and Blacked?

Ah, it is the boatyard I am speaking to, The surveyor named them as Clattercote Wharf I think. They seem very good and reasonably priced.

Thanks.

Clattercote Wharf is about half a mile away, up past the next lock (Elkington's). The owner of Forge Farm (where Clattercote Wharf is) speaks well of the chap at the Slipway and says that his prices are reasonable.

Tooley's do have a dry dock and could do the work, or sometimes they let DIY-ers rent the drydock. Not the cheapest kids on the block though. For our last blacking we used Ian Taylor at Fenny Marina but I have heard that he has closed down, which is a pity, good bloke who did good work.

Martyn, thanks for the Slipway's phone number. I always forget to make a note of it when we cruise past there, always thinking about the locks!

Clattercote Wharf is about half a mile away, up past the next lock (Elkington's). The owner of Forge Farm (where Clattercote Wharf is) speaks well of the chap at the Slipway and says that his prices are reasonable.

Tooley's do have a dry dock and could do the work, or sometimes they let DIY-ers rent the drydock. Not the cheapest kids on the block though. For our last blacking we used Ian Taylor at Fenny Marina but I have heard that he has closed down, which is a pity, good bloke who did good work.

Martyn, thanks for the Slipway's phone number. I always forget to make a note of it when we cruise past there, always thinking about the locks!

Tooleys coming in well priced and nearer for the seller to get the boat to. The guys at Cropredy seem very good also, its all about timings now....

There is a danger I may own a boat soon....