2 4 Carlt

Featured Posts

Lovely boat but can't place the builder.

It looks a bit Broomish but the only one with those sort of front cabin windows, the Mariner class, had a porthole in the bows, too though that may have disappeared during an earlier rebuild. There is a newer fat plank that finishes just forward of where the porthole would have been.

It may just be the light but it looks like the starboard top 2 planks have sprung out of the stem post hoodings which is a bit of a pain as the planks look sound.

Any more photos?

The Two Tees Boatyard at Cambridge built a number of wooden cruisers similar to the one in the picture and I know that there are still a few arround. One of their's was destroyed in a petrol explosion near me a couple of years ago, which I posted pics of here.

:smiley_offtopic: Hi Ditchcrawler, it was good to see Harnser coming past us at Upware yesterday, presumably on your way up from Cambridge :)

Roger

Edited by Roger Gunkel

The Two Tees Boatyard at Cambridge built a number of wooden cruisers similar to the one in the picture and I know that there are still a few arround. One of their's was destroyed in a petrol explosion near me a couple of years ago, which I posted pics of here.

:smiley_offtopic: Hi Ditchcrawler, it was good to see Harnser coming past us at Upware yesterday, presumably on your way up from Cambridge :)

Roger

Just drifting around, we are at Wicken at the moment so will probably pass again tomorrow. Couple who moor a small yacht at the end of the Five Miles were having a right barny on board last night going up and down the river.

are you doing any private work on wooden boats carlt,could do with some help on my fen cruiser before she rots away completly.

Unfortunately I can't commit myself to paid boat work, at the moment, unless it's right on my doorstep.

I'd love to have a look at her sometime, though, any pictures?

Unfortunately I can't commit myself to paid boat work, at the moment, unless it's right on my doorstep.

I'd love to have a look at her sometime, though, any pictures?

will do when i have the chance she is similar to yours but different builder.

not the best photos but here goes.

ScannedImage-6.jpg

ScannedImage-5.jpg

ScannedImage-4.jpg

ScannedImage-2.jpg

ScannedImage.jpg

Edited by macc

I'll have to come over some time and have a proper look.

She's got a very nice swoopy sheer strake, do you know the builder?

she was built by W F Hobbs a carpenter from Burwell Cams 1962-1964 same age as me.