May I have some more please?

Featured Posts

I suppose it could be called "Greenie Money" - as opposed to "Reddie Money"

Most members are probably too old to remember Green Shield Stamps? ...............

They were mainly given by petrol filling stations which sold fuel at dearer prices. Reps and others on company paid fuel accounts loved them as they could pocket the stamps and buy something of value with them. A bit like air miles I suppose.

I am open to offers for the use of my 2 greenies per day for anyone who wants a bit of charisma or ego inflation ......:o:cheers:

Does the Unstable Bar except greenies?

ETA: I'll go and see...

It probably accepts them for typos ............. but maybe not for exceptions.

A very good example why the correct use of punctuation is so important. Had you said "Bugger, would have given you a greenie for that" , than Carlt would not have had a hook to hang his joke. The ommission of the comma turned the meaning of bugger, from an exclamation, into a name.

Let's hear it for punctuation

:cheers:

Absolutely !

Most members are probably too old to remember Green Shield Stamps? ...............

They were mainly given by petrol filling stations which sold fuel at dearer prices. Reps and others on company paid fuel accounts loved them as they could pocket the stamps and buy something of value with them. A bit like air miles I suppose.

I am open to offers for the use of my 2 greenies per day for anyone who wants a bit of charisma or ego inflation ......:o:cheers:

I do remember. The Green Shield Stamp exchange shops becane Argos.

It was great in the TA as well. Used to take the Landrover and Bedford RLs down to the local petrok station to fill up with petrol. The landrovers had twin ranks and took about 50 gallons. The Bedford RLs and Humber had huge tanks over 70 galls I think. Used to get a lot of stamps out of that job

Guest wanted

:blush: