Flavel vanette cooker - unidentified object

mainplus

Featured Posts

I have acquired a Flavel vanette cooker and a loose sheet of steel. Please can anyone tell me if it belongs to the cooker and if so, where it should be fitted.

The steel sheet is approx. 29x27 cm, lipped with a raised tab at the back, the word Front impressed and a small hole front left corner. (I can see floorboards if I remove the oven burner. Perhaps the sheet should be on the bottom of the cooker?)

I have acquired a Flavel vanette cooker and a loose sheet of steel. Please can anyone tell me if it belongs to the cooker and if so, where it should be fitted.

The steel sheet is approx. 29x27 cm, lipped with a raised tab at the back, the word Front impressed and a small hole front left corner. (I can see floorboards if I remove the oven burner. Perhaps the sheet should be on the bottom of the cooker?)

Not prepared to say absolutely - 'cos I'm not on the boat and the instructions also,

BUT

IIRC it fits (slides) into the bottom of the grill area.

However, I've no idea what it's supposed to be for; guessinbg it may be so you could slide a dish / frying pan in to do some browning. It gives and extra 1/2" height....

It is just a baking sheet which goes on one of the oven shelves when required. The "Front" marking is important, to get the heat going to vaguely the right places.

Chris G

Exactly so, but I was going to let this run, to see what more imaginative purposes people came up with first!.......

Cannot remember the make of cooker but we had one where you had to put a 'plate' over the knobs when using the grill. This deflected the heat and stopped the knobs melting.

It did just look like a 'shelf' with a bent over lip and I remember it did say "front" on it.

cheapo nasty BEKO crap has these plates to stop the knobs melting, not what the OP has at all which has already been identified correctly

OH,please stop!

As Hamsterfan says, it has already been correctly identified by Batavia.

It's just a baking tray that comes with the oven.

For definite!

I wonder could it be a........??

No - correct we had one of these ovens in a caravan and it had one of these trays for baking....Jan used to rustle up some really nice scones on it....