It'll be fine they said......

Midnight Lady

Featured Posts

Was it you that went past shouting (ironically I assumed) "slow down!"? I was on tickover just in case throttling up went wrong again which made for an interesting moment at Upton when I barely made it into the marina (visitor pontoons were full). I will be heading down to tewkesbury on saturday if you are going that way!

ML

Not me! But someone on one of the moored up plastics shouted at me also. don't think he was being ironic! ETA: Ahh, I did overtake a slow boat on the way down- that must have been you - only gave a wave and a shouted greeting though - not 'slow down'!

Glad you made it to the marina; we are hanging on for dear life to the pontoon just above the bridge. Should be ok as long as we are not hit by any more errant boats. Despite the fact it hasn't stopped raining all day the level has dropped slightly at Worcester according to the EA gauge and it doesn't seem to have changed here.

Our first time on a river too - quite an introduction!

Edited by dor

What a load of nasty and sexist rubbish.

A rather harsh judgement perhaps, Mr P? If you look back in t'archives you will find that we have occasionally had threads which match TW's admittedly exaggerated example - which, incidentally, is a bit short to be a "load" of anything.

Aspects of the journey would have scared the s*** out of me also, and I don't look anything like a girlie.

:) well done :) I had a scary trip on the Trent many moons ago, and to be honest it has left me very wary of rivers and I wasnt on my own. The fun and excitement of 'boating'!!! the most important thing is that you dealt with the problem and was able to reach safety.

May all your future trips go a treat :)

A rather harsh judgement perhaps, Mr P? If you look back in t'archives you will find that we have occasionally had threads which match TW's admittedly exaggerated example - which, incidentally, is a bit short to be a "load" of anything.

Aspects of the journey would have scared the s*** out of me also, and I don't look anything like a girlie.

I was referring to a very specific comment in one of the threads to which you refer, Athy, where the problem was that her boat was facing the wrong way to cruise forwards to the water point, and she was incapable of turning it around - a Dawncraft I believe. I would have preferred a link to the thread but it's either too old, been removed or - it's just ocurred to me - actually might have been posted in the 'other' place.

If my comment came across as 'you did well for a girlie' I apologise, it wasn't my intent - although I think it would only be those who are constantly on the lookout for opportunities to be outraged on behalf of others who would have seen it that way. MidnightLady's response seems to suggest she took it the way it was intended.