Bugger - we've done it again!

Ange

Featured Posts

We spent 9 months on the Lancaster Canal and were very cross with ourselves that we never made it down to Glasson Dock - just didn't get round to it - how did that happen?

Now we're about to leave the Nottingham area after 7 months and several "must dos" have gone by the wayside:-

We didn't go up the Erewash - really cross about that one

We didn't contact Grace & Favour or mrsmelly to meet for meal/drinkies as we intended.

We didn't meet up with Alex and/or Maggiey for a meal/drinkies as we intended

Now the time has slipped through our fingers and we're off again

We really need to plan better!

We spent 9 months on the Lancaster Canal and were very cross with ourselves that we never made it down to Glasson Dock - just didn't get round to it - how did that happen?

Now we're about to leave the Nottingham area after 7 months and several "must dos" have gone by the wayside:-

We didn't go up the Erewash - really cross about that one

We didn't contact Grace & Favour or mrsmelly to meet for meal/drinkies as we intended.

We didn't meet up with Alex and/or Maggiey for a meal/drinkies as we intended

Now the time has slipped through our fingers and we're off again

We really need to plan better!

It sounds like all these missed must do's are what next year is for.

The Erewash & The Lancaster next year????

I suspect there will be a few more "must do's" missed next year - have a word with Keeping-Up - how many years has he been boating and he is only now managing to tick some of his off his list........ keep going Ange

(She says knowing she just cruised both ways past Nantwich on her most recent trip. Have never been to Nantwih! Have been passed Nantwich several times on the canal but never stopped. I have been told I am not missing anything but that is not the point........... is it?

Not a complete fail though Ange, you got to Loughborough area and saw us a good few times! :D

Hope you have a fabulous trip this year xx

And you met Stan.......oh and Me!!! And after seeing my Solar panels fitted in Loughborough you just could not resist buying some.................closedeyes.gifclosedeyes.gif

Yes, and you found a few new restaurants with us. We have just found another really good one. The Gurkha Kitchen in Glaisdale Drive, Bilborough.

In the middle of a council house and industrial estate. But on Trip Advisor, it is the No 1 restaurant in Nottingham with kver 300 excellant reviews!

Have a good trip and keep safe.

I suspect there will be a few more "must do's" missed next year - have a word with Keeping-Up - how many years has he been boating and he is only now managing to tick some of his off his list........ keep going Ange

(She says knowing she just cruised both ways past Nantwich on her most recent trip. Have never been to Nantwih! Have been passed Nantwich several times on the canal but never stopped. I have been told I am not missing anything but that is not the point........... is it?

Indeed. After 4000 miles on Thistle and 20,000 miles on Keeping Up, we still haven't ticked the Erewash off our list since we went up there in a hireboat in 1986. And we won't be able to travel the Lancaster on Keeping Up unless we cut a few feet off the end.

Indeed. After 4000 miles on Thistle and 20,000 miles on Keeping Up, we still haven't ticked the Erewash off our list since we went up there in a hireboat in 1986. And we won't be able to travel the Lancaster on Keeping Up unless we cut a few feet off the end.

I believe you can do the Lancaster, however, you have to go in at Glasson.....meaning out of the Mersey.....

plan...

Is that true? I shall have to look into it, maybe for next year.

It's the only way I can do my home canal.

I believe Progress did the trip previously, tides, channels and sandbanks are treacherous, but I am sure on a calm 2 day slot it could be done. :captain:

I believe Progress did the trip previously, tides, channels and sandbanks are treacherous, but I am sure on a calm 2 day slot it could be done. :captain:

Would it not be easier to access Glasson by going down the Ribble from Rufford Arm?

Hmm, just looked it up on the map. No I don't think we'l be doing that one. We like to be a bit adventurous but I think that's just a step too far for us.

Of course not! The point is to explore as much as possible - after all everyone has their own opinions on different waterways and places :)

Not a complete fail though Ange, you got to Loughborough area and saw us a good few times! :D

Hope you have a fabulous trip this year xx

That's true - after three years of promising that we'd visit you in Loughborough we finally made it and stopped long enough to have lots of drinkies/meals :)

And you met Stan.......oh and Me!!! And after seeing my Solar panels fitted in Loughborough you just could not resist buying some.................closedeyes.gifclosedeyes.gif

Ah yes - the instigator of our recent expenditure! I've got to say it's been a fantastic investment - none of that nasty engine running to worry about, or at least only a little bit to heat the water!

Yes, and you found a few new restaurants with us. We have just found another really good one. The Gurkha Kitchen in Glaisdale Drive, Bilborough.

In the middle of a council house and industrial estate. But on Trip Advisor, it is the No 1 restaurant in Nottingham with kver 300 excellant reviews!

Have a good trip and keep safe.

Yep, it was great to be in the same area and have lots of yummy meals with you & Judi :)

.....and worst of all you met me. :cheers:

.....and because of you pair, I met Kathy. ;)

Ah yes - another banter romance :wub: Are you coming to the Lapworth banter?

Where are you going Ange?

Oh Ange :(

And we'll be leaving the area in a few weeks too - - so we're just going to have to meet up and have that nosh somewhere else, Ange!

- - where are you off to?

We're off to the Lapworth banter next. After that our plans this year have been subject to many revisions, the current plan is for a leisurely summer to do proper exploring - up the Shroppie, the Llangollen and the Montgomery. We need to be back in Birmingham mid-August so decided our original plan of going up to the HNC would mean too much dashing around! We may still change our minds though, that's part of the joy of what we're doing. I expect we'll nip up to the Bridgewater at some point to visit my mum & dad in Sale.

We're off to the Lapworth banter next. After that our plans this year have been subject to many revisions, the current plan is for a leisurely summer to do proper exploring - up the Shroppie, the Llangollen and the Montgomery. We need to be back in Birmingham mid-August so decided our original plan of going up to the HNC would mean too much dashing around! We may still change our minds though, that's part of the joy of what we're doing. I expect we'll nip up to the Bridgewater at some point to visit my mum & dad in Sale.

So you will get to explore Nantwich before me :lol:

So you will get to explore Nantwich before me :lol:

Aha - so we will :D

Ange

We didn't do too bad. Xmas banter, Daves Birthday and a couple of times in passing on the River/Canal - Happpy Chuggin. xxx

Is true we did get to catch up quite a few times. Was hoping to spend a bit more time in Barrow though :)