ebay and its henchman paypal

floatingtraders

Featured Posts

I hope you never have anything stolen, damaged, or burnt, and trust you never accidentally damage anyone else or their property then.

I too don't like insurance and have only ever had the insurance that I am required to have by law.

I put away what I haven't donated to insurance companies in a crisis account, effectively underwriting myself.

If people took more out of insurance policies, than they put in, there would be no such thing as an insurance policy.

Floaty did not say that he had no insurance, he said that he didn't like it. Some insurance companies can be difficlt to deal with, so I can sympathise.

at the moment i do not have insurance or a bank account or any related stuff its just a con dreamt up by the rich to keep others under control the country is in debt why because the rich did not want to lose their money so the goverment gave them our public money.its a con and the more we say oh well never mind the more you get shagged.another paypal and ebay all in each others pockets and they make the rules what they say is you accepted the terms you pay the price,

Edited by floatingtraders

I'm also sorry to say also that in my view, anyone who hands over goods on the doorstep to a complete stranger without a signature, ID and a photo of the goods in his vehicle, is begging to be poorer.

Agreed - sadly even if you had the signature, had checked their ID and had a photo of the goods in their vehicle it does not count as being a trackable delivery. Unless you can type a tracking number into the Paypal system which their agents can enter in a website to get proof of delivery the judgment will come down on the side of the buyer.

If you are selling something with "local pick up only" write it clearly in your auction that if the goods are to be collected then you ONLY accept cash upon delivery and anyone insisting on completing the transaction via Paypal will be required to pay for trackable delivery on top of the auction price. Usually when you explain the reason why nobody ever minds. I am just trying to save someone getting caught out with this one

I've bought and sold stuff on ebay over the years, using paypal and cash on collection.

I have had no bother until last year when I sold some games controllers:

Paypal decided to hold back a payment stating that the buyer had raised an issue. I provided the receipt from the post office which had the tracking number on it. I then copy/pasted the positive feedback from the purchaser and still they did not release the money. It took a call to their offices to get the matter resolved.

I felt totally at the mercy of paypal and I didn't like the fact I could not have my money that the purchaser had dutifully paid.

I've had good luck selling stuff on Preloved.

Free to list and no other fees at all. OK It's a bit advert heavy but I'd rather the advertisers paid for my listing.

I was OK with Ebay until they started forcing you to put that you accept paypal in your ads......one step too far.

You can still do cash BUT you can't prevent someone from using paypal, as the option is there.

Have a nice weekend ....

Andy

at the moment i do not have insurance or a bank account or any related stuff its just a con dreamt up by the rich to keep others under control the country is in debt why because the rich did not want to lose their money so the goverment gave them our public money.its a con and the more we say oh well never mind the more you get shagged.another paypal and ebay all in each others pockets and they make the rules what they say is you accepted the terms you pay the price,

It all sounded reasonable until this reply.

Yeah - - Ebay can, at face value, be expensive, but with all the costs associated with going to physical auction sites, I find that Ebay, and its massive audience, works out much more effective, and no dearer - and therefore better value.

With the many hundreds of transactions I've made through them I've not experienced a problem, either as a buyer or seller.

And I will happily sell or buy through them

likewise i buy loads and sell little (i know not a good combination!! :( )never had a problem and find it very straight forward.

at the end of the day you have a choice accept the terms or don't use it nobody forces your arm!!

I've had good luck selling stuff on Preloved.

Free to list and no other fees at all. OK It's a bit advert heavy but I'd rather the advertisers paid for my listing.

I was OK with Ebay until they started forcing you to put that you accept paypal in your ads......one step too far.

You can still do cash BUT you can't prevent someone from using paypal, as the option is there.

Have a nice weekend ....

Andy

hi andy yes i agree preloved is a great site never any bother people should use it more and its free...

hi andy yes i agree preloved is a great site never any bother people should use it more and its free...

Just though i'd remind you old chap,is your girlfriend still waiting at the station for you?

Just though i'd remind you old chap,is your girlfriend still waiting at the station for you?

no shes coming from london takes a good 90 mins i have loads of time to play and work out what makes a good site and i think i have most of the answers i was looking for i willl start a posting and share with you it.

One trick I learnt which certainly involves a degree of trust, is sending a PayPal payment to a seller (outside of eBay) as a gift. PayPal don't charge the recipient any commission on such transactions.