Plenty of water in the Middle Level.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Well, the Fens may be flat and boring and cut off from the rest of the system, but at least we have plenty of water. Today I had to remove the engine chimney to get under the bridge at Ramsey St Marys, and the Morco Flue only just went through Speed the Plough bridge. I've never seen the level so high. Clearly there are advantages to having the local waterways situated below sea level.

I guess the commissioners are stocking up with irrigation water ready for a long, hot summer.

MP.

Well, the Fens may be flat and boring and cut off from the rest of the system, but at least we have plenty of water. Today I had to remove the engine chimney to get under the bridge at Ramsey St Marys, and the Morco Flue only just went through Speed the Plough bridge. I've never seen the level so high. Clearly there are advantages to having the local waterways situated below sea level.

I guess the commissioners are stocking up with irrigation water ready for a long, hot summer.

MP.

Hope I can get through Outwell and Upwelling tomorrow.

MP.

The Fens are leaking .. . . . .

:closedeyes:

Probably explains why parts of the Nene seem so low - the downstream floating pontoon at Thrapston lock has been sitting on the bottom for over a week now. We drove up to the coast through the Lincolnshire fens yesterday and many of the "drains" are completely empty.

Well, the water level must be OK: Mr. & Mrs Ditchcrawler on 'Hamster' just cruised past the end of my garden, pausing to swop gossip and to tell me the latest about The Folly at Napton. I noticed that he had removed his engine chimney, so clearance through Upwell Church bridge must have been tight, suggesting a buoyant water level.

The times I've been past the Mullicourt pump it looks as if it would take five minutes to fill a large bucket, I can't imagine it making a dramatic impact on water levels.

Just turnoff the pump at Mullicourt Aqueduct, The water level will soon drop.

Firesprite

In the office

It was pumping well today when we passed

Just turnoff the pump at Mullicourt Aqueduct, The water level will soon drop.

Firesprite

In the office

It was pumping well today when we passed

When do you expect to be through Upwell, DC? I will look out for you.

You saw me. Now on the 20 foot river

Well, the water level must be OK: Mr. & Mrs Ditchcrawler on 'Hamster' just cruised past the end of my garden, pausing to swop gossip and to tell me the latest about The Folly at Napton. I noticed that he had removed his engine chimney, so clearance through Upwell Church bridge must have been tight, suggesting a buoyant water level.

The times I've been past the Mullicourt pump it looks as if it would take five minutes to fill a large bucket, I can't imagine it making a dramatic impact on water levels.

That's not a low bridge, you should see where we went this afternoon

That's not a low bridge, you should see where we went this afternoon

Edited by ditchcrawler

If you do start to get short of water in the Middle Levels, please let me know.

I still have plenty in the flooded fields here in Scotland.

Of course, to make it economic to post I shall have to dehydrate it first :closedeyes:

isg_env_FloodCoastal3_lg.jpg

We also have flooded fields in Fens, So we have plenty of water. Barrels of scotch will be more useful.

Firesprite

In the fens

isg_env_FloodCoastal3_lg.jpg

We also have flooded fields in Fens, So we have plenty of water. Barrels of scotch will be more useful.

Firesprite

In the fens

We shall be heading up the Hundred-foot over Easter. Somehow, I don't think those fields will be quite that wet as they pass on our right-hand side.

MP.

Did the Welney washes flood this year?

Yes they did, Not as deep as usual, The Welney-Littleport Road stayed open to 4x4,

The fields are still flooded as I passed over on the train. It puts the wind up some people

when all they can see out of either side of the train is mile after mile of water. The picture

was taken a week ago.

Firesprite

In the Fens