Stolen head

The Crusty Crow

Featured Posts

And maybe someone will spit on you when you are down too.

Such nastiness to someone about whom you know nothing is uncalled for.

Too right! Quite shocked by some of the attitude on here. I came on the cut to get away from the bullshit like that. If he can source a head YES! i'll help him fit it. No problem!!!

What's stopping him going to the police station now and getting a crime number?

Best thing to do would be to put a sign up and hitch a tow to the next 'neighbourood'. Buy some time at least. But He's gonna have to do something about it. Donning my stern hat, I can't say I have a lot of sympathy. He's known about this impending problem for three months at least and done nothing about it. Or are there extenuating circumstances?

You have to report a crime within 24 hours of it happening. Otherwise he would have to lie about when it happened. He told the local beat copper who should have followed it up.

So you get a head .......... next he'll want you to fit the thing.

Sorry but if he can get to a pub he can surley get a crime number and complete a claim for the repairs . Same with BW, all he needed to do was call them and tell them he has a problem.

Why has he done nothing for over 3 months?

Of course I would help him fit it. Why would't I????? Some of us on the cut look after each other. Sounds like your a selfish old git to me.

Thanks for all the useful advice from some on here. I hope when some of you are up shit creek without a paddle you'll get the same attitude.

Edited by The Crusty Crow

I can verify that this is not made up story and the guy has indeed had his engine head stolen and he did report it to a beat copper the next day who did nothing. He does not own a vehicle either so he is in a very difficult situation. The only way out for him is to fork out an awful lot of money to a boatyard who have quoted £6k to repair.

Some of the replies on here defy belief. From a lack of empathy to downright nasty. [/b][/size]

Guest wanted

Sounds to me that the best thing to do would be to go back to the police and explain their mistake and what that now means to him. Then try the insurance company. I hope all comes good.

Right,chance yer luck time!

1. try junction boatyard at syston,Ian there is a great hoarder, I dumped a couple of running 1.5s on him 5 years ago ,its not inconcievable he still has them!

2. I just would try an old established haulage firm that runs refrigerated transport,that engine was used in the Petter PDL reefer,most are retired now,some of those trailers are now statics and run on 440v so you can take engine out.

£. Pm me and if its serious ill talk to the blokes int the reefer service business,I was a resident service enginneer before I retired.

Best o luck,dont give up yet!

Robin

I can verify that this is not made up story and the guy has indeed had his engine head stolen and he did report it to a beat copper the next day who did nothing. He does not own a vehicle either so he is in a very difficult situation. The only way out for him is to fork out an awful lot of money to a boatyard who have quoted £6k to repair.

Some of the replies on here defy belief. From a lack of empathy to downright nasty. [/b][/size]

Nice one! I've only been on the equipment forum on here. First post i've ever put on this forum. Trying to help someone out and get a load of nasty, bitter, spiteful and suspicious responses to a genuine issue. We were at Druids Heath last Autumn and cruising back this way. Spoke to him last week and found he was still in this situation.

Guest wanted

Nice one! I've only been on the equipment forum on here. First post i've ever put on this forum. Trying to help someone out and get a load of nasty, bitter, spiteful and suspicious responses to a genuine issue. We were at Druids Heath last Autumn and cruising back this way. Spoke to him last week and found he was still in this situation.

Don't be put off matey, you got some quite helpful bits out of your post, just as in life, there will be the odd miser.

Trying to help someone out and get a load of nasty, bitter, spiteful and suspicious responses to a genuine issue.

Hardly a "load of nasty, bitter, spiteful and suspicious responses" 2 at the most as far as I can see and not quite what I would consider nasty or spiteful.

Ghost-Headless-Boater-by-Ryan-Doan.jpg

saw the title and got completely the wrong end of the stick.....as usual

I tought he'd had his loo stolen. Didn't occour to me that someone would go in and steal part of an engine. :o

sorry Mr Crow, I asked but had no joy but hope your mate gets fixed up soon. Good Luck from madcat.

Nice one. The blokes just someone I talked to on the towpath. He's not one of my mates. I just felt sorry for him due to the response he 's received since this happened. Thought I would raise his problem on here. This part of Birmingham we're moored at is surrounded by some big housing estates. Lots of bored teenagers around. I wouldn't like to be stuck here. I've not seen him about all week and we're moving off next week so I hope he sorts something out. Got a feeling though that BW may move his boat soon.

Edited by The Crusty Crow

Hardly a "load of nasty, bitter, spiteful and suspicious responses" 2 at the most as far as I can see and not quite what I would consider nasty or spiteful.

yeah your right. Reading back over this most have been really supportive. I've only talked to the guy on the towpath. Thought I would try and help him out as he seems quite vulnerable. I wouldn't like to be stuck here of all places. I've not seen him about all week so not sure what will happen now as we're moving on this week. Hope he can sort it out or BW will probably impound his boat.

After this length of time the short engine will be in a seriously impaired state an probably beyond "a replacement head" even if one were found, supplied and fitted. After that there will be a battery (or several) that need charging/replacing before trying to start the engine, which will of course need new glow plugs and injectors and injector pipes -maybe an injector pump too, and the whole fuel system bled through. Maybe it really is time for the alleged victim to ask for help from the local council/social services etc. Sometimes dying of self neglect is a poor choice. Flog the boat before BW are forced to act and use the proceeds to move into a council house somewhere slightly civilised -it clearly isn't civilised in his boat community.

After this length of time the short engine will be in a seriously impaired state an probably beyond "a replacement head" even if one were found, supplied and fitted. After that there will be a battery (or several) that need charging/replacing before trying to start the engine, which will of course need new glow plugs and injectors and injector pipes -maybe an injector pump too, and the whole fuel system bled through. Maybe it really is time for the alleged victim to ask for help from the local council/social services etc. Sometimes dying of self neglect is a poor choice. Flog the boat before BW are forced to act and use the proceeds to move into a council house somewhere slightly civilised -it clearly isn't civilised in his boat community.

Arthur - - that's the most constructive and helpful post on this whole thread. Well done !

• 3 weeks later...

There's a bloke stuck moored on the towpath near Lyons boatyard on the Stratford cut a few miles out of Brum. last year while he was down the pub some scumbags nicked the head off his engine. Apparently they are boaters too. He told the police but didn't go down the station to get a crime number so his insurance wont pay out. He's now also got a patrol notice on his boat. Anyone out there know of a head for sale for a BMC 1.5. If you can help him out i'll let him know.

Is he still looking? A cylinder head has just come on flEbay