Pressure sensitive mats.

Biggles

Featured Posts

Hello

This being the font of all knowledge and I have tried t internet.

What I am looking for is a device to put under a mat that simply acts as a contact. I already have the alarm end.

Thanks

Maplins

Out of stock at the mo but due in.

Edited by MJG

Hello

What I am looking for is a device to put under a mat that simply acts as a contact. I already have the alarm end.

Thanks

You may have used the net but you didn't look too hard

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=3092&c=froogle&u=3092&t=module

I see I am in agreement with Asdaman, I expect it will wear off.

Edited by Chris Pink

Hello

Thanks

I got mine from our local locksmiths, i've bought a few over the years, if you get a choice get the one with the thickest cables, all have mine have failed where the wires meet the mat. Quite high traffic across mine at times though.

What's up Chris - Dave not biting much these days so you thought you'd try and get a rise out of me

...nah...

Hello

Thanks

Try ebay, they were showing a few.

Honest I did, perhaps I wasn't putting in the right words, certainly never saw the marlins ones, found some on eBay but they were including the alarm or a sort of game thing.

Thanks.

Maplin's was the first place I thought of that would sell this kind of thing so I just went to their site and typed 'pressure mats' into the search box on their web site..

I used to install these in domestic alarm systems and they were always unreliable. the trick was to put them in low traffic areas so they didn't wear out, but of course its the high traffic area where you want to put them so they get stepped on... and the wires were a bit of a giveaway too...

Guess it depends on the OP's application...

Jon

You may have used the net but you didn't look too hard

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=3092&c=froogle&u=3092&t=module

As a regular reader,but an infrequent poster,i often wonder why you launch into snide comments that are totally irrelavent to the threads......and often come to the opinion...you are a tosser !.

• Greenie 3

It's occurred to me where I've seen 'home made' pressure pads. It was a TV programme, not a lot of water visible, unless in bottles, but lot's of 'sand', and a few soldiers.

I understand the pressure pads are an essential element of IEDs. An internet search combining 'IED' and "Pressure pad" or 'trigger' might be fruitful, but I have a beard, so I'm not looking.

HTH