Where to get diesel

Gazboatman

Featured Posts

You wont get to Leeds before xmas.

There is no lock gates in Oddy Lock as they are being replaced. Stoppage is until 21/12 so if you need to be here best go the long way round.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news

Morgan

Where is Oddy lock?

I have been told by BW that the only stoppage on my route is at Skipton which is due to end on the 1st of December.

Edited by leeco

Where is Oddy lock?

I have been told by BW that the only stoppage on my route is at Skipton which is due to end on the 1st of December.

From the list of stoppages on Waterscape, copied seconds ago...

Stoppage: Oddys Locks

07 Nov 2011 - 21 Dec 2011

Associated Regional Office: North West Waterways

Gate replacement works

(Enquiries: 01923 201120)

From the list of stoppages on Waterscape, copied seconds ago...

Stoppage: Oddys Locks

07 Nov 2011 - 21 Dec 2011

Associated Regional Office: North West Waterways

Gate replacement works

(Enquiries: 01923 201120)

Ahhh, it's ok I only need to get to Rodley.

White Bear Marina is a card operated machine by the way, and only dispenses on 100% domestic. It was £0.90 a litre last time I was there.

There's also Ellerbeck Boats also near Chorley but they will be more expensive I think.

The cheapest place on your route is probably Lower Park Marina at Barnoldswick. Their unit price is not the cheapest (though they are normally a few pence below White Bear) but they will dispense at 100% domestic at this time of year.

I wonder how they have explained that one to HMRC.....handy though !

BWML made a similar claim at Whixall last year claimed that HMRC had cleared it.

Being a trusting soul I believed them, previously if you used card payment it automatically split 60/40

Swings and roundabouts perhaps ? :P

Could anyone tell me where I can get some diesel anywhere after Blackburn heading east?

Thanks

I'm assuming you have left blackburn if so nearest point Hapton then Lower park Marina aftr Foulridge

Are you aware that there is a stopage at Skeghorn just before you get to Gargrave due to open 21 december

Ok thanks.

The only stoppage I know of is at Skipton and due to be opened on the 1st of Dec.

I was informed by BW that, that is the only stoppage that might hold me up from Middlewich to Rodley Leeds. I do know there was some more along my route but they were cancelled.

Maybe that's one of them.

Edited by Gazboatman

Ok thanks.

The only stoppage I know of is at Skipton and due to be opened on the 1st of Dec.

I was informed by BW that, that is the only stoppage that might hold me up from Middlewich to Rodley Leeds. I do know there was some more along my route but they were cancelled.

Maybe that's one of them.

Regretably no its on the approach to gargrave lock number 35 which is west of skipton and having just rechecked is no due to reopen until 22nd December Sorry

Regretably no its on the approach to gargrave lock number 35 which is west of skipton and having just rechecked is no due to reopen until 22nd December Sorry

Hmm possibly the stoppage I knew about which was due to end on the 1st and now had it's end date changed?

AFAIK it was always the 21/22 just pointing it out incase you have to make provision for mooring up as it looks like you got three weeks delay :cheers:

Yea it prob always was the 21st and I have read it has the 1st for some reason.

Ahh well I'm almost home from my mammoth mission from Saul Gloscester!!

:cheers:

Could anyone tell me where I can get some diesel anywhere after Blackburn heading east?

Thanks

a little further on from Hapton is reedley marina, just after barden mill - they are very competitive on diesel and will allow you to declare your split

Last time i heard they were a little cheaper than hapton.

Does anyone know which lock out of the 12 at/near Gargrave is lock 35?

i think lock 35 is snegneck - which is the first of the gargrave flight if memory serves...

there are some moorings between bank newton bottom lock and this one if they're not already taken.

a little further on from Hapton is reedley marina, just after barden mill - they are very competitive on diesel and will allow you to declare your split

Last time i heard they were a little cheaper than hapton.

Hi, is this marina somehwere after the tunnel in Burnley?

I'm searching on Google Earth but can't seem to find anything between Burnley and Hapton.

Hi, is this marina somehwere after the tunnel in Burnley?

I'm searching on Google Earth but can't seem to find anything between Burnley and Hapton.

probably about an hours cruise after the tunnel (gannow)- just after bridge 134 and between the canal and a railway line on the bend. last time I looked on google it was still a 'field' its only been open about 3 years....

so its the foulridge side of burnley rather than the hapton side.

Jon

• Greenie 1