Are you new to boating?? CLICK HERE

Sam

Featured Posts

Hello! I'm looking to live aboard a boat with my 5yo daughter as an affordable housing option. We'll mainly be moored in the marina, hopefully, but will go cruising from time to time!

Hoping to get a cruiser stern, up to 60'- we will need the space as she does nothing but grow! With two cabins ideally, but does anyone have a different suggestion for maximising space?

One other question I have, what do people do for internet access?

Hi Sharon

Hi Mike Welcome to the Forum

Hi Witchword, again welcome to the forum.

Most of your questions will have been covered at some time or another on the forum and if you use "search" (top right hand corner) as your first port of call you will probably find the answers you are after, if you stick in "internet access" it will come up with a long list of CWDF (Canal World Discussion Forum) and other threads to read.

If you can't find out what you want to know on the search system then start a question thread. If you use the search first you will save yourself from the both the grumpy and humerous posts until you've got used to the sense of humour on here b0201.gif

edit to add humorous PAH !!! spellnig folty agin

Edited by John V

Hi Witchword from me too, sound advice from John, would add that if you can't find what you want the search pages you will get all the advice from asking the question on a new thread as John suggested, remember the only daft question is the un-asked one.

Phil

Hi - my husband Gene, and myself are currently looking for a smaller barge to retire on in France. We don't have her yet - but plan on naming her "Serenity" after the TV/Movie series "Firefly". In the meantime, we read all we can find on the life, mechanics, you name it and anxiously await our turn to join y'all!

Karen

Edited by kjstinson

Welcome Karen,

Have a thorough search using key phrases such as "widebeam" and "Dutch Barge" as a starter. Loads of useful (and useless!) information hiding in here. If any questions arise that don't seem to be covered just shout it out, someone will be along shortly to pass on their sage wisdom... (cough)

Edited by Seti-Yeti

My name is Babs. I have just bought a 50 foot boat. I am going it alone in Northwich! I will be living aboard so any tips on mooring, insurance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone moor at Orchard Marina? My husband and I had a narrowboat 20 years ago and we moored at Orchard. Thanks.

My name is Babs. I have just bought a 50 foot boat. I am going it alone in Northwich! I will be living aboard so any tips on mooring, insurance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone moor at Orchard Marina? My husband and I had a narrowboat 20 years ago and we moored at Orchard. Thanks.

Welcome to our forum.

:)

Hi Babs..welcome..if u use search engine heaps of info on here..if u have specific questions fire away...I insure with Craftinsure as they were most helpful. Its best if problems arise to ask first before having a go cos its easy to do the wrong thing..

Hi Babs..welcome..if u use search engine heaps of info on here..if u have specific questions fire away...I insure with Craftinsure as they were most helpful. Its best if problems arise to ask first before having a go cos its easy to do the wrong thing..

second for craftinsure very good easy to deal with.

by the way welcome to the forum watch out for the lions and tigershelp.gif just my bad humor today

Hello Everyone smile.png

I am Reika from Covert Boat Covers.

I am new member here, and could any one please kindly let me know how to upload more photos on my Profile - Gallery? I have uploaded 6 photos, and tried to upload more but it showed " Error You have run out of space for uploads". Is there any way I can upload photos as many as I want ?

And could I please get helping with how to create a BLOG page as well?

Well, I will introduce Covert Boat Covers now :

We are a family owned business with over 25 years' experience in the manufacturing of bespoke boat covers & canopies, tonneau covers and cratch covers and pram hoods. We provide quality covers which are long lasting and reasonably priced and we also offer a 5 year warranty and a repair service, across the North West.

Whether you have a canal boat, narrow boat, wide beam or fibreglass boat, we can protect your pride and joy with bespoke boat covers, cratch covers and canopies.

We have a wide range of styles to suit all boats, tastes and budgets. Protect your boat from the weather and create a sense of privacy and security by getting a boat cover today.

Please Visit Our :

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook....overtboatcovers

Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/covertboatcover

You Can Also Contact Us On Below Number:

T: 0161-205-1421

M:0750 636 8516

Call Us For A Free Quote Or Just Some Friendly Advice!!!

Hello Everyone smile.png

I am Reika from Covert Boat Covers.

I am new member here, and could any one please kindly let me know how to upload more photos on my Profile - Gallery? I have uploaded 6 photos, and tried to upload more but it showed " Error You have run out of space for uploads". Is there any way I can upload photos as many as I want ?

And could I please get helping with how to create a BLOG page as well?

Well, I will introduce Covert Boat Covers now :

We are a family owned business with over 25 years' experience in the manufacturing of bespoke boat covers & canopies, tonneau covers and cratch covers and pram hoods. We provide quality covers which are long lasting and reasonably priced and we also offer a 5 year warranty and a repair service, across the North West.

Whether you have a canal boat, narrow boat, wide beam or fibreglass boat, we can protect your pride and joy with bespoke boat covers, cratch covers and canopies.

We have a wide range of styles to suit all boats, tastes and budgets. Protect your boat from the weather and create a sense of privacy and security by getting a boat cover today.

Please Visit Our :

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook....overtboatcovers

Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/covertboatcover

You Can Also Contact Us On Below Number:

T: 0161-205-1421

M:0750 636 8516

Call Us For A Free Quote Or Just Some Friendly Advice!!!

Have you sought permission from the site owner or one of the mods. to promote your business on here?

If so please disregard and welcome to the forum.

Hi MJG

I have just got permission that they allow me to show Covert Boat Covers in Canalworld site, and they are trying to sort out my problem as well. really good service, I like it.

Any way, thanks for sending me the Link, really useful.

Reika

I would suggest a PM to the site owner or one of the mods. or the easy way to do it is just 'report' your own post pressing the report button bottom right.

Evening folks

I've just joined the forum as I'm hoping to buy a boat within the next six months or so. My partner and a lot of our friends live on boats so I'm adequately warned that it's not all beer and skittles! However, I'd like to give it a go anyway.

Obviously they can give me tips but I like to do my own research too so am off to have a root around amongst relevant topics on here. Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)