Antenna for mobile phone

DobieJade

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of a mobile phone antenna that actually works on a narrowboat? Don't need it for broadband as have wifi but phone signal is useless!!!

Have one of those you stick on a window but no good.

Boaters Phone Co, BPC, supply external antenna's (magnetic base) which work well.

They have connection kits for most makes of phone.

Cheers

A

Without any doubt you will find a good one on this site, these are the people the professionals use and although not cheap they do work.

We have one which we use and it will pick up just about anything we want from Broadband to digital TV.

http://www.panorama.co.uk/

I have a Boaters Phone Co. one and it certainly does work. It is just using the strap adapter and in the marina it takes it from the point where the phone is not usable inside the boat to having a good reliable signal. I would however suspect the improvement is by getting an aerial outside the boat, not sure what it would do if you did not have some usable signal outside in the first place.

I have a 3 mobile dongle that works inside my boat which has portholes, the dongle holder is bluetacked to the edge of the porthole and the dongle faces inside and works brilliantly. However I have a 3g phone and inside is useless!! my Tmobile phones works anywhere in the boat. I have a virgin mobile dongle on contract and it is totally USELESS. once the contract is finished, needless to say I will not be renewing it.