Chat room problem

Featured Posts

:smiley_offtopic:

I don't think I have ever knowingly been in the "Chat Room"

But I do notice at the top of my screen that it says "Chat", and has a little disc beside it with a "1" in.......

Does this mean there is one person in there ?

If so, does anyone want to own up to chatting with just themselves ?

Or do I misunderstand completely ?!?

:smiley_offtopic:

I don't think I have ever knowingly been in the "Chat Room"

But I do notice at the top of my screen that it says "Chat", and has a little disc beside it with a "1" in.......

Does this mean there is one person in there ?

If so, does anyone want to own up to chatting with just themselves ?

Or do I misunderstand completely ?!?

No you're quite right - if there's a 1 it's someone sitting on their tod waiting for someone to join them ... or someone left on their own

Well every time I get in it kicks me straight out (though it still says I'm logged into the chat room, I still can't see any messages). Maybe my account was blackmarked by accident or something.

I'm in there now and can't see you. Give it another try (btw if you don't exit properly it does show you as still in there)

ETA I'm off now - sat on my own whistling a happy tune for a while but time for bed. My advice would be to send Dan a PM.

Edited by Ange

Does Dan actually have any bug-fixing expertise? I know if a problem like this crops up with the (tiny) forum I run myself I just bung it straight over to the forum software designers.

Things like this usually turn out to be some sort of issue with the user's PC. Any chance of logging in on a different PC Divum Draconis, and reporting back the result?

Most off-the-shelf forum publishers (like this one, IPBoard) run a user peer-support forum where problems like this can often be solved. The authors of the software often take part too if necessary. IPBoard probably do, and it might be found with a bit of Googling.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I tried a couple of times but couldn't prize its door open,mind you i often have door problems.Ran straight into an all glass off-license door once,in Leigh-on-sea and knocked myself out.

Do they all chirp to each other in there using Webcams? It all gets mysteriouser and mysteriouser.

Edited by bizzard