moto bike on my boat

station tug

Featured Posts

securing it..its a super moto this years must steel best prize for scroats.. :rolleyes:

Mechanical idea would be to have a car wheel clamp welded to the tug.

Electric idea is to have a wire through the wheel..which is part of a circuit...the moment someone pulls the bike off, the wire pulls apart (small plug), which lets a relay switch off, which closes a contact which sets off a really loud 12V siren.

:)

Mechanical idea would be to have a car wheel clamp welded to the tug.

Electric idea is to have a wire through the wheel..which is part of a circuit...the moment someone pulls the bike off, the wire pulls apart (small plug), which lets a relay switch off, which closes a contact which electrocutes the mother and father unmarried.

:)

Fixed that for you.

hi, i would like a theft proof way of mounting my motor bike onto my boat..have a large tug deck and a welder (be good if i could take it on and off without using a grinder!!! :blink: :blink: )..anyone done this and have photo's or idea's...thanks

How about a revolving channel and a fecking big chain around the lot and through a welded on ground anchor.

Depending on the depth under the tug deck, and accessibility.

How about one of those tail lifts off of a disabled vehicle or a pickup, lift comes up, deck cover opens, like one of those pub cellars in American films.

If depth is a bit lacking the bike could be stored at a slight angle.

What is the bike ? ( how heavy is it ?) I imagine relatively light, around 125-150 kgs or so, as you wouldn't want a Gold Wing just to do the shopping on unsure.gif

I would go for seriously heavy duty chain (s) passed through very heavy rings welded to the boat in an inaccessible position behind the bike when it's secured up, and a cover, so they can't actually see it and whether its worth nicking.

That and, of course, the multi Tazer-firing and electrocuting devices... smile.gif

Nick

What is the bike ? ( how heavy is it ?) I imagine relatively light, around 125-150 kgs or so, as you wouldn't want a Gold Wing just to do the shopping on unsure.gif

I would go for seriously heavy duty chain (s) passed through very heavy rings welded to the boat in an inaccessible position behind the bike when it's secured up, and a cover, so they can't actually see it and whether its worth nicking.

That and, of course, the multi Tazer-firing and electrocuting devices... smile.gif

its a DZR 400 scramble bike with wide road tyres...

theres nearly five feet from the base plate to the tug deck but theres 800 litre water tank and our bedroom going under there..im already unpopular with my back cabin tool store and dogs bedroom decision :unsure:

cool idea..hadnt thought about being able to push it on and then be able to turn it around..

dean your nuts :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by station tug

I'd suggest a ground anchor, something like these Clicky. The advantage being that since they are hardened they are not so easy to cut off. You can weld it to the deck or to the bulkhead.

Use one of these with it for the same reason. Get a chain long enough to go through the frame and not just through a wheel.

When I lock my bike I also put the steering lock on and fit a disc lock to make it really difficult to wheel it away.

Firstly - Sell the DZR & buy a Puch Maxi - far less chance of getting it stolen :rolleyes:

With any of my bikes I have always gone for a big chain , although if you are leaving the bike on the boat whilst unoccupied then there is never any guarantees - I once met a 'Reformed' bike thief who we asked for tips against theft - None ! , he even claimed to have stolen a 7.5 tonne lorry with tail lift , to remove a bike wiv a good bike lock chained to a post - lifting over said post - Against such enthusiasm what can you do ?

Depressingly , I remember cutting thru a £90 lock with an angle grinder in around 30 secs after snapping the key :blush: That lock was supposed to be one of the best at the time.

Great choice of wheels tho - I can just see the locals faces as you roar push it along the towpath !

A switch on the low tension lead to the coil will stop them riding it away. I was told by a bike thief that he would leave anything with three locks, not that it took much longer but since there was always easier prey about why bother. Best anti theft device is a cover- seems to create an instant SEP field around the bike.

A switch on the low tension lead to the coil will stop them riding it away. I was told by a bike thief that he would leave anything with three locks, not that it took much longer but since there was always easier prey about why bother. Best anti theft device is a cover- seems to create an instant SEP field around the bike.

Thats a good comment - I remember many yrs ago after my bro had his car stolen , fitting a jack socket into the dash , to start the car he had to insert a jack plug (with terminals shorted together) into the socket , enabling the circuit - even with a hotwire thru the ignition it wouldn't start - without said plug or more hassle it was harder to steal.