Dean the Wood Chopping crazy man

DeanS

Featured Posts

So I calculated....8 logs a day...30days a month...Oct to Feb = 1200 logs.

I have been cutting logs for 2 days...with a bow saw I recently bought at B&Q.

Total logs now on roof of boat = 20.

Condition of body = shattered.

Family will probably all die of extreme cold.

Was lovely being a forum member.

:)

You need a chainsaw mate!

I've come to a belated decision that it's easier to cut long bits, stash them on the boat roof, and cut them into smaller bits later...rather than trying to cut little bits now :) Does it sound like I'm getting lazy. Tough.LOL

mmmmmmmmmmm Dean u r a one, Wood is for boat building not fore stoves, get yerself some black stuff in bags it is far superior and comes ready chopped.... :)

I dont think I have seen another boat with a roof of belongings on like ours...and it's about to get worse...MUCH worse. I try and keep things neat, (being overly conscious of every boat that goes past us with bowls of flowers, and pristinely placed pole and board on), but somehow I know that when people see us coming along...they know...it's dem liveaboard folk......I'm so ashamed of my huge television aerial on a pole....I would get a smaller one, but there's times I gotta get dat tv signal high in the sky....and the kids aerial is falling apart...it'll be time for a sat dish soon...ah well....at least, as I sit here tonight...with gennie humming softly, all the kids are happy on the Xbox, and SWMBO is watching Celebrity Big Brother :)

mmmmmmmmmmm Dean u r a one, Wood is for boat building not fore stoves, get yerself some black stuff in bags it is far superior and comes ready chopped.... :)

and costs £7 a bag :) I plan on buying bags too...but it'll be a great feeling wathing a log, that I have personally chopped...going up in flames. :)

Edited by DeanS

I dont think I have seen another boat with a roof of belongings on like ours...and it's about to get worse...MUCH worse. I try and keep things neat, (being overly conscious of every boat that goes past us with bowls of flowers, and pristinely placed pole and board on), but somehow I know that when people see us coming along...they know...it's dem liveaboard folk......I'm so ashamed of my huge television aerial on a pole....I would get a smaller one, but there's times I gotta get dat tv signal high in the sky....and the kids aerial is falling apart...it'll be time for a sat dish soon...ah well....at least, as I sit here tonight...with gennie humming softly, all the kids are happy on the Xbox, and SWMBO is watching Celebrity Big Brother :)

and costs £7 a bag :) I plan on buying bags too :)

Bloody hell only 7 squid ? thats well cheap, believe me when it persisting it down in darkest winter hissing about with wood is a pain in the preverbial........ ;)

When I was a kid some of the older men still stacked firewood to dry the old way. The competition of who had the highest or best stacked one was fierce! :) I wanted to share a pic with you, but only found one showing the same type of stacks in Estonia.

Kuremae_vedstapel_340.jpg

When I was a kid some of the older men still stacked firewood to dry the old way. The competition of who had the highest or best stacked one was fierce! :) I wanted to share a pic with you, but only found one showing the same type of stacks in Estonia.

What happens when the kids pull out a log at the very bottom?

What a lovely wood pile drool drool

Take only dead trees that are standing, the woods dry and easier to cut/chop, and Ash burns fierce..

Take only dead trees that are standing, the woods dry and easier to cut/chop, and Ash burns fierce..

Yup...could never bring myself to chop any living tree...and rotting old branches on the ground are like chalk...found some that were upright...no branches or leaves....old wood....looks promising. Wood is actually quite hard to find, but might take a trip the long way back to our winter moorings...through some countryside.

Yup...could never bring myself to chop any living tree...and rotting old branches on the ground are like chalk...found some that were upright...no branches or leaves....old wood....looks promising. Wood is actually quite hard to find, but might take a trip the long way back to our winter moorings...through some countryside.

Countrysides good..Trees lurk there.. :D

Edited by choogh

Look out for BW cutting them down and ask if you can have them