Bathroom Taps (Some odd designs out there)

nbfiresprite

Bathroom Taps  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of tap would you fit?

• Traditional Pillar Tap
    • Monobloc Mixer
    • Traditional Mixer
    • Modern Pillar Tap
    • Wall mounted Mixer
    • Waterfall Mixer
    • Who needs a tap, I fill a bucket from the Cut
    • Wash!, I don`t wash!, Iam a student!

Featured Posts

Having just built the cupboard for the counter top basin. I am now searching for the taps to go with

the basin. looking in Ebay I found some odd designs.

140.jpg140.jpg140.jpg140.jpg140.jpg

So which type would you fit or have fitted? Time for a poll

Firesprite

In the peace of the Fens

Why do you need a poll? Just fit whatever you like.

Its called research, I am thinking of resale price (The right fittings count)as I plan to get Dutch Barge next. I could go round looking in through peoples windows, Is that what you would do?.

Firesprite

In the peace of the Fens

Its called research, I am thinking of resale price (The right fittings count)as I plan to get Dutch Barge next. I could go round looking in through peoples windows, Is that what you would do?.

No, I'd just fit what I liked. I don't think the bathroom taps would stop someone buying a boat if they were serious.

Edited by blackrose

No, I'd just fit what I liked. I don't think the bathroom taps would stop someone buying a boat if they were serious.

Never sold a house than? You can lose a sale on just a small thing like that. That why odd designs either

sell for knock down price or never sell and end up be ripped apart for the bits. I had to repaint the house

and change the bathroom fittings to the current trend before it sold (The house for the record was not my).

Many people just want something, That they can just move on to. Not everyone is up to DIY, Do you have any idea

how much you can be charged for just changing a tap fitting.

Get the Boat or House right and it will sale quickly for the price you want.

Firesprite

In the peace of the Fens

Never sold a house than? You can lose a sale on just a small thing like that. That why odd designs either

sell for knock down price or never sell and end up be ripped apart for the bits. I had to repaint the house

and change the bathroom fittings to the current trend before it sold (The house for the record was not my).

Many people just want something, That they can just move on to. Not everyone is up to DIY, Do you have any idea

how much you can be charged for just changing a tap fitting.

Get the Boat or House right and it will sale quickly for the price you want.

Firesprite

In the peace of the Fens

No I've never sold a house (I've never owned a house), but I've owned and sold boats and I think you're confusing houses and boats. They aren't the same thing.

People who buy used boats are generally more hands on and expect to have to do at least a few things to get the boat how they want it. The prospect of changing a tap would be the least of most people's concerns when they get a surveyor in to look at a potential boat purchase.

No I've never sold a house (I've never owned a house), but I've owned and sold boats and I think you're confusing houses and boats. They aren't the same thing.

People who buy used boats are generally more hands on and expect to have to do at least a few things to get the boat how they want it. The prospect of changing a tap would be the least of most people's concerns when they get a surveyor in to look at a potential boat purchase.

True they are not same,one floats and moves the other is fixed. Yet the same basic rule apply, namely to hook the buyer in, So that they will bring in a surveyor. As this boat(Not Firesprite) was refitted for resale. It was designed for the average buyer requirements, the target market. Get it right you get the best price and a quick sale. Good research is the key to a good fit out.

Many people who have brought boats are total clueless when it come to diy (7/10 people are unable to wire a plug) they watched programs or read papers that tell them its cheap to live on boat. So they buy one (These are the ones to watch out for on the cut)often with out a survey. And away they go speeding down the cut. I remember one about 4 years back, Boat craned in to the cut, No checks, off he went all head full down the left side of the cut , I passed him a mile later, He had smoke pouring out of the engine bay, He had wrecked the engine (No oil).

As I would like to get the best price and quick sale, I believe in good research. A good layout and build sells.

Hence a large bathroom (7`*4`) with a large shower and a good size basin (A common comment about hire boats is how small the shower and bathroom is). Add it all together it adds up, You may like living in a cabin space painted pink with black spots with a mix of fittings, but you be hard pushed to find a buyer, That why the most common colour used for painting the inside of a house is a `creamy white`. It also has to be neat and tidy with no smell to put off the buyer. Unless the buyer is looking for a fixer-upper, You are looking at a fit out which needs little change before moving on to for use. If changes are need, the buyer will try to knock the price down. There are boats that have been on the market for years and have not sold, simply due to poor layout and fittings.

Hence the poll to find the current tap trend.

Firesprite

Back in the Office

Edited by nbfiresprite

The type taps displayed also generally need decent water pressures to get the full effect out of the design.

They would be probably be appropriate in a high end luxury Dutch barge but IMO a complete waste of time on a N/B The priority here is functionality.

I certainly wouldn't think the design of a bathroom tap would in any way influence a purchase. Many more much more important factors would come into consideration first.

All these DIY house build programs say keep it simple, neutral colours etc, and good quality basic fittings, start putting in fancy design features like the taps shown and they'll politely suggest you're throwing money away if you're doing up a property for resale purposes.

This type of design would much rather be chosen by the individual user If they so desired, than forced upon them usually by someone with no design experience and in an inappropriate space or setting which inevitablly makes the object look out of place.

The designs also seem very sharp edged and quite large, someone falling on one of those in a confined space would suffer a lot more than falling on a swan neck monoblock tap that's for sure :lol: