Braunston Spires?

Terence

Featured Posts

I have left a comment:

Who is paying for this? Who is this being installed for? There are bridges, banks and locks only a few miles from this site which are in serious need of maintenance. Yet money is being wasted like this!

The are enough obstructions in the canal already without adding to them. Someone has their priorities completely upside down when so called "art" warrants expenditure and essential safety matters are being ignored.

So, lets hear what you think on this one.

The Braunston Spires along the Oxford Click here

Terence

I would have presumed they were navigation buoys to warn of very shallow water due to bank erosion due to inadequate maintenance! So let me see, you keep red buoys to port when going upstream - but which way is upstream on that canal? Maybe we will see a few former Broads hire boaters stuck in the field!

Nick

I would have presumed they were navigation buoys to warn of very shallow water due to bank erosion due to inadequate maintenance! So let me see, you keep red buoys to port when going upstream - but which way is upstream on that canal? Maybe we will see a few former Broads hire boaters stuck in the field!

Nick

Well as BW won't do any piling on the offside to stop erosion its nice to know someone is paying to mark it - is the object to speed past and see how far up the spires your wave will go?

Although I am no apologist for BW, Waterscape does make it clear, in response to Tony's comment, that they are not funding this.

Actually, I rather like them! :)

I would be very surprised if it doesn't at some point involve BW staff and resources in the installation/removal that would be better employed elsewhere......

BW sorry us - might not actually be buying the things....

I quite like them too BTW...