Boring Boat Blogs

sebrof

Featured Posts

Are you trying to get the record for the most posts in the shortest time?

Casp'

No.If there was a cash prize maybe yes.

Its using up all my data ''Gorillia-bites too. bizzard

Hello auntie Eth.

Did you hear that,someone else trying to start another argument on here auntie.I though they were all buisy arguing about inverters and bogs.

love Bizzard.

No.If there was a cash prize maybe yes.

Its using up all my data ''Gorillia-bites too. bizzard

Hello auntie Eth.

Did you hear that,someone else trying to start another argument on here auntie.I though they were all buisy arguing about inverters and bogs.

love Bizzard.

Hello Gizzard.

Oh don't bother me just now Bizzard,i'm making your uncle a cup of tea.

love auntie Eth.

Hello Gizzard.

Oh don't bother me just now Bizzard,i'm making your uncle a cup of tea.

love auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth,

Has uncle Cyril worn his new braces yet?. bizzard.

Hello auntie Eth,

Hello Bizzard,

Yes he went to work in them today,he should be home soon,i've got the kettle on for his cup of tea.

love auntie Eth.

Guest Quo Vadis

Hello auntie Eth,

Hello Bizzard,

Yes he went to work in them today,he should be home soon,i've got the kettle on for his cup of tea.

love auntie Eth.

:) PLEASE STOP ... I want to kill myself :) .... Can't wait for the next gripping installment really ... you've started a SOAP

:) PLEASE STOP ... I want to kill myself :) .... Can't wait for the next gripping installment really ... you've started a SOAP

Hello auntie Eth.

Have you seen on the forum.

Someone wants to kill themself,i wonder why.

Say's we're like a soap auntie Eth,we're not really though are we?

Did uncle like his new braces?

your loving neffew Bizzard.

Hello auntie Eth.

Have you seen on the forum.

Someone wants to kill themself,i wonder why.

Say's we're like a soap auntie Eth,we're not really though are we?

Did uncle like his new braces?

Hello dear Bizzard,

Rubbish Bizzard,its you that needs the soap,grubby urchin you are,these people are on boats on there,now don't you start thinking of getting one.

Your uncle Cyril likes his braces.

love auntie Eth.

Hello dear Bizzard,

Rubbish Bizzard,its you that needs the soap,grubby urchin you are,these people are on boats on there,now don't you start thinking of getting one.

Your uncle Cyril likes his braces.

love auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth.

No auntie Eth its true. They're all goin on about wondering who they think they are on there now,you'd think they'd know who they were wouldn't you auntie Eth,

love Bizzard.

Hello auntie Eth.

No auntie Eth its true. They're all goin on about wondering who they think they are on there now,you'd think they'd know who they were wouldn't you auntie Eth,

love Bizzard.

Hello auntie Eth,

If i got a boat you and uncle Cyril cood live on it too.And uncle wouldn't need to be an inarticulated lorry repairer anymore, he could help operate the PUTT-PHUTT pipe couldn't he. And i can swim a bit.

love Bizzard.

In Defence of Blogs

1. They keep friends and family updated with where you are, what you've seen etc

2. A boating blog can be useful for a boater thinking of cruising a canal or river they had not previously been on to see what other boaters think of the river/canal.

3. They allow wannabe writers the opportunity to publish their "diaries" in a world where they would otherwise not be published.

No one is forced to read someonelses blog.

And if the blog is so boring, spare a thought for the poor family and friends who need to read the blog to see what their water gypsy family member or friend is doing.

As you say - no one has to read a blog. I have been running the blog Captain Ahab's Watery Tales for several years and am not too concerned if people read it or not - its really there as a record for my own purposes and if others like to share my output, thats fine. Surprisingly, well over 2,000 pages are viewed every week - and they arrive by choice. :captain:

Hello Bizzard'

He drives them now Bizzard.And his mates call him the Inarticulated lorry driver now cos he keeps forgetting and leaving his trailer behind.I wouldn't go on a boat on wet grass with your uncle Cyril,now then!.Lets hear no more of it.

love auntie Eth.

Hello Bizzard'

He drives them now Bizzard.And his mates call him the Inarticulated lorry driver now cos he keeps forgetting and leaving his trailer behind.I wouldn't go on a boat on wet grass with your uncle Cyril,now then!.Lets hear no more of it.

love auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth,

Uncle wood come on it thoe,he'd like that.We could yews his braces to more up wyth and to tie thing down.

Boats can't sale on wet grass,can they? auntie Eth. bizzard.

I am quite surprised at some of what I read here. Pages in the long thread of discussions about the English Language being a reason for boring blogs.. But (should a sentance be started by that word then?) people are just relating their day or week.. People can read it for the first time and never go back if they don't like it.

There are many websites that we all visit, not just boaters blogs, once and don't like. Do we go back? No we don't.

I started my blog in 2004 because my family kept phoning me up "You OK Mum, Where are you, where are you going? What's the weather like?" It was time for the blog and peace and quiet from the phone calls!

Since then I have done a few a week. To be honest I have enjoyed in the main, although sometimes I struggle to put something on the page for them. I ask the question often "Is it getting boring for you?" Heh, hoping they say yes and I can forget a one and half ritual most evenings composing words and pictures for them!

But (that really naughty start a sentance word again) there is also a bigger following now. We have welcomed an awful lot of people aboard who just want to see what it is really like to be a couple with no bricks and mortar.. what is it really like inside a narrowboat.

Sometimes I just want to hide away, but the blog I do seems to inspire people as well as delight my Dad at 80 many + who diligently sits at the computer after breakfast every morning to look at the pictures.. Hey although I say were we are he never gets that bit! No worry..

I will keep my blog in my sig. It isn't really an advert, just a suggestion to people to look at an alternative retirement from sitting in a chair all day watching the box.

Do you know what? We have met some wonderful friends in the last seven years because of the blog, it is a special community of boating bloggers, not all just a special few and it is always party time when we meet up!

I won't do a spell check on this post. It is just my words

• Greenie 3

I am quite surprised at some of what I read here. Pages in the long thread of discussions about the English Language being a reason for boring blogs.. But (should a sentance be started by that word then?) people are just relating their day or week.. People can read it for the first time and never go back if they don't like it.

There are many websites that we all visit, not just boaters blogs, once and don't like. Do we go back? No we don't.

I started my blog in 2004 because my family kept phoning me up "You OK Mum, Where are you, where are you going? What's the weather like?" It was time for the blog and peace and quiet from the phone calls!

Since then I have done a few a week. To be honest I have enjoyed in the main, although sometimes I struggle to put something on the page for them. I ask the question often "Is it getting boring for you?" Heh, hoping they say yes and I can forget a one and half ritual most evenings composing words and pictures for them!

But (that really naughty start a sentance word again) there is also a bigger following now. We have welcomed an awful lot of people aboard who just want to see what it is really like to be a couple with no bricks and mortar.. what is it really like inside a narrowboat.

Sometimes I just want to hide away, but the blog I do seems to inspire people as well as delight my Dad at 80 many + who diligently sits at the computer after breakfast every morning to look at the pictures.. Hey although I say were we are he never gets that bit! No worry..

I will keep my blog in my sig. It isn't really an advert, just a suggestion to people to look at an alternative retirement from sitting in a chair all day watching the box.

Do you know what? We have met some wonderful friends in the last seven years because of the blog, it is a special community of boating bloggers, not all just a special few and it is always party time when we meet up!

I won't do a spell check on this post. It is just my words

Well said Sue! I came across your blog back in 2007 when we were considering becoming livaboards & became an avid follower along with other blogs I discovered via yours & others blogs. Have found the majority to be entertaining & useful ( how to get a tesco delivery for instance) if I come across one I don't like them I don't visit again, simple really!

I have been doing my own blog for 3 years or so & as others have said, it was really for family & friends but I have readers world wide & this comment I received a few weeks ago just about sums it up

"betsy said...so cool following your travels in the narrowboat. never knew such a thing existed!! gotta love blogs, eh? betsy in alaska

1 August 2011 09:36 "

Hello auntie Eth,

Uncle wood come on it thoe,he'd like that.We could yews his braces to more up wyth and to tie thing down.

Boats can't sale on wet grass,can they? auntie Eth. bizzard.

Hello Bizzard,

Course they can,after its been raining.

Your uncle Cyril went and caught his new braces on the gate latch and snapped them this morning,then he went and lost his false teeth in a chest freezer in Iceland.He's a blooming disaster these days.He'll be in soon i've got to get the kettle on.

love auntie Eth.

Hello Bizzard,

Course they can,after its been raining.

Your uncle Cyril went and caught his new braces on the gate latch and snapped them this morning,then he went and lost his false teeth in a chest freezer in Iceland.He's a blooming disaster these days.He'll be in soon i've got to get the kettle on.

love auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth,

I'm not buying him anymore aunt Eth.Thats good he can't keep taking them out and putting them on the table at tea time anymore. I went to look at a boat today,it was goin cheap,the man said there had been a slight mistake during the building.

,and nobody wanted it.He said it was made of metal and that the specification was 3-6-12,and that it had a nice thick roof that would keep the rain out.Its only £24-9p,looked a bit rusty though.

Hello auntie Eth,

I'm not buying him anymore aunt Eth.Thats good he can't keep taking them out and putting them on the table at tea time anymore. I went to look at a boat today,it was goin cheap,the man said there had been a slight mistake during the building.

,and nobody wanted it.He said it was made of metal and that the specification was 3-6-12,and that it had a nice thick roof that would keep the rain out.Its only £24-9p,looked a bit rusty though.

Hello auntie Eth,

OOO! and i saw a great big hole in the side,and the man said it was for a key,cos its clockwork powered he said,and then brought out a huge great key on a forklift truck.

And he said its got a gigantic spring in it and that if it ever snapped would destroy the boat and anyone in it.

I like that don't you auntie Eth.

Love Bizzard.

Hello auntie Eth,

OOO! and i saw a great big hole in the side,and the man said it was for a key,cos its clockwork powered he said,and then brought out a huge great key on a forklift truck.

And he said its got a gigantic spring in it and that if it ever snapped would destroy the boat and anyone in it.

Love Bizzard.

Hello Bizzard.

Don't you go near that bizzard.

Did it have a stove and kettle to make tea?.

love auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth,

Love Bizzard.

Hello Bizzard.

Don't you go near that bizzard.

Did it have a stove and kettle to make tea?.

love auntie Eth.

Bizzard,auntie Eth and uncle Cyril have just left for 3 days in Blackpool.as its the only place aunt Eth reckons a decent cup of tea can be had. They'll be back at 9am sharp on Tuesday,with more gripping adventures. bizzard.

Their back.Well nearly.

After three days in Blackpool,

Because of a slight accident with uncle Cyril,his braces getting caught on a door handle of an High Speed train at high speed,whilst waiting on Preston station.He was spun at dizzy speed along the platform,flinging off his false teeth,spectacles,fags,lighter,money everything, and remained impaled by his braces on the handle until the train stopped at Wigan,at which point the braces snapped and dropped him into a heap of soot at the lineside,where he was found by a passing shunter and taken to the station bar to recover.

Meanwhile auntie Eth and Bizzard not knowing where he'd ended up,caught the next train which stopped at Crewe,where they were told of uncle Cyrils undignified adventure,and so caught the next train back to Wigan where they found him fully recovered,a bit sooty but happy and well tanked up with best bitter,and so more drinks were ordered,and a cup of tea for auntie Eth.

So what with the booze,chewing Blackpool rock,and Uncle Cyril relating his sudden free train ride over and over again to all the other awe stuck but disbelieving passengers in the station bar,a pleasant evening was had by all.

Hello auntie Eth,

Wasn't it a good holiday.I've eaten all my rock.

Is uncle alright? Have to buy him another pair of braces now.

I'm going to have another look at that clockwork boat today,its 51 ft long.I've been told that 3-6-12 spec isn't right, thats why its goin cheap but i don't think it matters uncle Cyril said so.

love Bizzard.

Hello auntie Eth,

Wasn't it a good holiday.I've eaten all my rock.

Is uncle alright? Have to buy him another pair of braces now.

I'm going to have another look at that clockwork boat today,its 51 ft long.I've been told that 3-6-12 spec isn't right, thats why its goin cheap but i don't think it matters uncle Cyril said so.

love Bizzard.

Hello Bizzard,

I bought your uncle some more braces this morning.He say's they saved his life,and won't go anywhere without them.

He wears a belt too now in case they snap again. He's off to the boot sale in a minute to buy some more teeth.

You've eaten all that rock too quickly you'll be ill next. And clockwork boat,sounds daft to me.

Must go got the kettle on. love auntie Eth.

Hello Bizzard,

I bought your uncle some more braces this morning.He say's they saved his life,and won't go anywhere without them.

He wears a belt too now in case they snap again. He's off to the boot sale in a minute to buy some more teeth.

You've eaten all that rock too quickly you'll be ill next. And clockwork boat,sounds daft to me.

Must go got the kettle on. love auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth.

Got meself a job today.Its a good job with plenty of time off,so i'll have plenty of time for boating,int that good auntie Eth?

Hello auntie Eth.

Got meself a job today.Its a good job with plenty of time off,so i'll have plenty of time for boating,int that good auntie Eth?

Hello Bizzard,

About time too,what is,hurry up i've got get the kettle on.

your loving auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth.

Hello Bizzard,

About time too,what is,hurry up i've got get the kettle on.

your loving auntie Eth.

Hello auntie Eth,

Well i'm gonna be a Coronation day flag seller auntie Eth.

Your favorite neffew Bizzard.

• 1 year later...

Every now and again, I (having not learned from experience) click on a link under somebody's post, and visit his or her blog.

Good God, they're dull! Never in my long life have I been so bored so quickly as I have been by reading boat blogs.

They invariably go into the minutest detail about the most banal happenings. If I had read a few boat blogs first, I would never have gone near a boat. They make this wonderful pastime seem like the dreariest thing imaginable.

Bloggers, please. If you must record the smallest details of your life in such mind-numbing detail, have the decency to buy a Lett's diary and record your dullisms where nobody else can see them.

And PLEASE don't advertise your inane jottings, as though they might be worth reading. They are NOT!

Rant over.

Probably the best thread on Blog ever. :unsure: Start at from page 1 omitting my crap from page 10 onwards.

Edited by bizzard

Probably the best thread on Blog ever. :unsure: Start at from page 1 omitting my crap from page 10 onwards.

It is 'the' best thread ever. A very entertaining read. Thanks for that.

Made me laugh.

....your posts were funny too

Cheers

Glenn

I feel I ought to add: I find blogs dull and rarely read one. I sympathise with the OP.

Edited by Goliath