Adjustable table leg

Featured Posts

Looking at boats at the Festival this weekend I noticed a couple of new boats had a table leg which locked into position at table height and lowered to enable table to fit into the gap to provide a bed.

Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about here as I've tried a couple of chandlers who tell me I mean Desmo legs!

I don't, because I've used these before and whilst they do the job, I'd rather have Gucci kit what doesn't necessitate me having to store various lengths of tube (and it was always a pain when one end was stuck in the table whilst the other leg was always wedged in the floor!

Any suggestions would be most welcome - boat is starting to move on apace!

Thanks,

Vic

I saw these in a chandlers, in Wroxham, a couple of weeks back but didn't note their name (They were dear and it is something I can make in wood).

I'll have another look next time I'm there.

Found it...Clicky

Though at 24" minimum, possibly too high for many dinette seat heights for the bed option

Alan's look a better size...pricey eh? CAK tanks do an electric leg (12v) but that's really dear!

Edited by Ally

If it were these.....

Linky 1

Linky 2

Then I hope you have plenty of money to spend!.........

EDITED TO ADD:

Cross posted with Carl - his suggestion is rather cheaper!

Hells teeth - talk about thinking of a price and doubling it..... :blink:

Surely it is something that could be made from wood??? - with a hinge fold/arrangement rather than a sliding one...

It sounds as if it just needs two fixed height positions or am I not understanding

We used the leccy leg fron CAK on one of our boats...very good, and it also allows the top to slide back and fore...very cool. They do do a good range of stuff, use them quite often....the outdoor 12v sockets are good too.

But will it turn the Scrabble board round, to face towards the person whose go it is?

lol,....you need the Scrabble fairy for that!

edit: it should have it's own scrabble fairy for the price though!

Edited by Ally

Think we might double the value of our Springer if we purchased one of the the sexy legs found thus far.

I have also been contacted by KingsGround who buy theirs from Penguin Engineering - pretty expensive but I guess you get what you pay for (and vv).

great to see a boatbuilder being happy to give assistance and advice - a few I have talked to told me that unless I was getting them to do it they had nothing to say!

Thanks for your help guys - very much appreciated.

wondering whether I need to use two heights of leg and keep to Desmo (are there proper Desmos and ersatz types, those we purchased initially were quite sloppy fit?

Pax,

Vic

Wow - thank goodness for the Scrabble fairy - will order one today,

An end to all the squabbling (or perhaps the beginning?),

V

I believe you will find Desmo legs are specifically engineered to ensure one end...and it can be either end...will always stay put when you try to remove the top......

.........onboard entertainment for all!!

Looking at boats at the Festival this weekend I noticed a couple of new boats had a table leg which locked into position at table height and lowered to enable table to fit into the gap to provide a bed.

Anyone got a clue what I'm talking about here as I've tried a couple of chandlers who tell me I mean Desmo legs!

I don't, because I've used these before and whilst they do the job, I'd rather have Gucci kit what doesn't necessitate me having to store various lengths of tube (and it was always a pain when one end was stuck in the table whilst the other leg was always wedged in the floor!

Any suggestions would be most welcome - boat is starting to move on apace!

Thanks,

Vic

This was our solution during DIY fitout. To convert to a bed the table end near the wall has two keyhole slots which can be lifted out and lowered to seat level resting on ledges, other end is then lowered by bending outwards a short length of 18mm ply which allows a locking peg to exit a hole in a corresponding length of ply which is fixed to the table which then lowers into a 12" deep recess alongside the underfloor water tank. Simple, cheap and very handy and effective. Sorry about the pic quality, unfortunately it's the only one we have and we are presently away from the boat.

47.jpg

Hi.... I saw these in an outlet called 'GO OUTDOORS'.... didn't note the price though.

I could make you one (professional finish as I am a pro!) from timber and/or metal if you wish... I am about to make one for my camper van. Ian

teanosugar@ymail.com..... any other fit out needs?; I am always looking for interesting fit out work