Ignorant Boaters...........

Deepinvet

Featured Posts

No offence intended to Roxy, but I wonder how much of her trouble might have been panic from inexperience. When I first started boating I used to try to leave a boat width between me and any passing boat and I often got myself in trouble. I'm now happy to have our boat almost grazing the passing one and I hence have far fewer incidents.

Tony

No offence intended to Roxy, but I wonder how much of her trouble might have been panic from inexperience. When I first started boating I used to try to leave a boat width between me and any passing boat and I often got myself in trouble. I'm now happy to have our boat almost grazing the passing one and I hence have far fewer incidents.

Tony

No offence taken, although can I just say I only started panicking when I realised I was stuck!

We all pay our river licence ( well most of us do, I have witnessed a few boats with licences well out of date already! but thats another story) so nb, grp or whatever boat you have you dont own the river or canal.......it is there for everybody's enjoyment. Since then, I have been down the Trent plenty of times and passed many boats on that same stretch where I got stuck and had no trouble since. But next time I will know better......

Thanks for your advice/replies so far much appreciated

Regards

Rachel

Not quite. The coffee cupboard was bare which didnt set the day off well, then we completely forgot how much hassle it is to get the Sierra out of the garage. By the time we had finished pratting around we had to shoot off for work quickly or be late for work. :rolleyes:

And are we to be favoured with the words of wisdom today?

Or perhaps the dog ate your exercise book, or a bigger girl pinched it out of your bag on the bus.

And are we to be favoured with the words of wisdom today?

Or perhaps the dog ate your exercise book, or a bigger girl pinched it out of your bag on the bus.

Poor Phylis.

The green dragon is going to singe her tail if she doesn't come up with the goods sharpish.

Poor Phylis.

The green dragon is going to singe her tail if she doesn't come up with the goods sharpish.

'poor' Phylis? Me finks she can cope with Dave's advances alright.

But I'm with Dave on this one, after the monumental build up of her evidence, I also am desirous to be granted a view of the 'definitive' technique of working a bridge...

Come on Phylis ;-)

Edited by luctor et emergo

'poor' Phylis? Me finks she can cope with Dave's advances alright.

But I'm with Dave on this one, after the monumental build up of her evidence, I also am desirous to be granted a view of the 'definitive' technique of working a bridge...

Come on Phylis ;-)

So am I but have stopped holding my breath.........it has now had such a big build up!!!!

Edited by cotswoldsman

No excuse - she'll just have to play with her shirt tucked into her knickers.

Those were the days when there was no hedge at Penkridge school and any ladies lunchtime netball match near Houndsditch in the square mile got a bigger crowd than turned up at many football grounds. Just passing you understand - ho hum. :wacko:

Edited by Tiny

Those were the days when there was no hedge at Penkridge school and any ladies lunchtime netball match near Houndsditch in the square mile got a bigger crowd than turned up at many football grounds. Just passing you understand - ho hum. :wacko:

There's a great butcher in Penkridge, if anybody is in the vicinity. His black pudding is magnificent. Also does pies and smoked ham, bacon, etc..

Not quite the same as watching ladies netball, but consider it a consolation prize.

No excuse - she'll just have to play with her shirt tucked into her knickers.

She'll be wise to stuff a telephone directory in there too. I don't think Mr Mayall is in the mood to be lenient with this miscreant.

She'll be wise to stuff a telephone directory in there too. I don't think Mr Mayall is in the mood to be lenient with this miscreant.

She will have to sit on the NORTY step and contemplate her wrongdoings.

Must be a lot of documents think she is still scanning. Better get myself ready for a lot of reading tomorrow, better not cruise tomorrow!!!

Perhaps she has the same scanner as me. Set it to scan and go off for a snooze ;)