Installing a Whale Gulper

Featured Posts

My Rule Shower sump pump has just given up the ghost and I am in the process of finding a replacement. After a spot of research it looks like the Whale Gulper 220 is the pump of choice so looks like that is going to be the one. The only problem is that it has a 19mm input and the drainage pipe from the shower is 38mm... I cant for the life of me find a 38mm to 19mm reducer though. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one or possibly have an alternative solution?

Cheers.

My Rule Shower sump pump has just given up the ghost and I am in the process of finding a replacement. After a spot of research it looks like the Whale Gulper 220 is the pump of choice so looks like that is going to be the one. The only problem is that it has a 19mm input and the drainage pipe from the shower is 38mm... I cant for the life of me find a 38mm to 19mm reducer though. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one or possibly have an alternative solution?

Cheers.

My chandlers does a 38mm sink or shower fitting to 19mm hosetail which is angled to fit under the shower base. If you don't want the shower/sink fitting I'm sure you can still reduce even if it means using a few different fittings. Why not take the pump etc to a plumbers merchants to see what they can come up with? Just don't mention the word "boat" as it's often a signal for suppliers to glaze over and tell you they can't do it.

My chandlers does a 38mm sink or shower fitting to 19mm hosetail which is angled to fit under the shower base. If you don't want the shower/sink fitting I'm sure you can still reduce even if it means using a few different fittings. Why not take the pump etc to a plumbers merchants to see what they can come up with? Just don't mention the word "boat" as it's often a signal for suppliers to glaze over and tell you they can't do it.

Just checked out the koi carp pond equipment route and it looks like I would have to stack up a couple of reducers. It would be perfect but unfortunately it is in quite a tight space so dont have much room to turn it around in.

Blackrose - Could you give me the name of your chandelry? Working an angle in to the reducer might just do the trick.

Thanks again!

Just checked out the koi carp pond equipment route and it looks like I would have to stack up a couple of reducers. It would be perfect but unfortunately it is in quite a tight space so dont have much room to turn it around in.

Blackrose - Could you give me the name of your chandelry? Working an angle in to the reducer might just do the trick.

Thanks again!

Rose Narrowboats at Stretton north of Rugby stock some useful pipework bits. They were very helpful to me when I needed to reduce to the same size as you need.

If it's from a standard waste pipe stuff, I've used this http://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-connector/48625

Thanks again!

Sorry only just seen this - it's Uxbridge Boat Centre: 01895-252019

Cheers.

If this is an internal bore difference,its rather a lot to reduce down, on the discharge side,unless the transition from large bore to small is smoooth with no ridges or sharp internal butting up; facing the outward flow,dirt and whatever will soon build up on this and tend to keep blocking it,probably even if there's a filter in place before it.

regards bizzard.

[/quo