Underwater footage of spinning prop

MtB

Featured Posts

Idly browsing youtube, I found this video.

Aside from the fact that mykaskin now has competition in quality boat video production, it shows a short underwater shot (at 30 to 40 seconds in) of the propeller spinning which I found very interesting.

Graphically shows how risky it is to fall in near the back of the boat, I thought....

Mike

Idly browsing youtube, I found this video.

Aside from the fact that mykaskin now has competition in quality boat video production, it shows a short underwater shot (at 30 to 40 seconds in) of the propeller spinning which I found very interesting.

Graphically shows how risky it is to fall in near the back of the boat, I thought....

Mike

When we had Ripple, I used to demonstrate the dangers of the prop by putting the engine astern and throwing a large stick, perhaps three feet long and an inch in diameter, in behind the boat. It always came up in pieces two inches long and newcomers got the message...

Obviously I needed a new stick every time...

When we had Ripple, I used to demonstrate the dangers of the prop by putting the engine astern and throwing a large stick, perhaps three feet long and an inch in diameter, in behind the boat. It always came up in pieces two inches long and newcomers got the message...

Obviously I needed a new stick every time...

And how many new props?

:-)

Mike

That's our mooring at Napton Junction, immediately after the boat has passed under the bridge at the beginning of the video. We are not actually there, but if you freeze the image at that point, you can see our space immediately in front of the third (cream) boat.

Edited by David Schweizer

Liked the music and the video :)

but surely a text book demo. of how not to do stuff, all that standing in the arc of the tiller, brushing the mitred edge of the lock gates with the boat and of course the most heinous crime of all :o hanging the stern line on the tiller pin...... :rolleyes:

Anyone any idea how they got the shots from those angles and what kind of editing program was used?

Tone

Under water shots are easy - just encase the camera in a proper water proof case. Something Like this would do it

Editing there was nothing particularly fancy there that something like Windows movie maker couldn't deliver.

The high angle ones - I reckon the camera was held on the top of a pole.

Nicely done...

Edited by MJG

Anyone any idea how they got the shots from those angles and what kind of editing program was used?

Tone

He's using a camera on a long stick, presumably a waterproof one (the camera, that is). The shadow shows up in a couple of shots

I thought the whole thing was pretty neat

Richard

Nice video. There is a nice shot of the boat leaving a lock rubbing along both gates and pushing them open. I'm surprised that this hasn't become a popcorn thread...

Light blue touchpaper...

Stand well back...

oh I spotted much much worse than that - see post #5 - outrageous... ;)

That's our mooring at Napton Junction, immediately after the boat has passed under the bridge at the beginning of the video. We are not actually there, but if you freeze the image at that point, you can see our space immediately in front of the third (cream) boat.

And mine (in a couple of weeks). Ill me moored 3 spaces in front of Ray & Lizz in the same spot where Benjee was moored.

Rob

oh I spotted much much worse than that - see post #5 - outrageous... ;)

Yeah so did I.

There is a pipe fender down on the port side of the boat at one point in the video.

Off with his head for such crimes, I say....

Mike

Liked the music and the video :)

but surely a text book demo. of how not to do stuff, all that standing in the arc of the tiller, brushing the mitred edge of the lock gates with the boat and of course the most heinous crime of all :o hanging the stern line on the tiller pin...... :rolleyes:

It's surprising just how many bits of film there are out there showing people doing things the way not to.

Including on some of the T.V canal programmes such as water world, always find myself looking for what people are doing wrong lol

Nice video. There is a nice shot of the boat leaving a lock rubbing along both gates and pushing them open. I'm surprised that this hasn't become a popcorn thread...

Light blue touchpaper...

Stand well back...

You hope.

hasn't this joke worn a bit thin by now?

Shame about the boat's engine, presumably that's why it's drowned out with music...

This video was next to it...???

Yep, I spotted that. What's the chances of tracing the boater?

Richard

Which canal for a start?

Yep, I spotted that. What's the chances of tracing the boater?

Richard

Which canal for a start?

User name begins with James and his face appears too -

I think though the canal could be anywhere though.

User name begins with James and his face appears too -

I think though the canal could be anywhere though.

He he. He could well be James P Szabo, 24, with a child called Jordan. He's got other videos on Youtube

Richard

Edited by RLWP

He he. He could well be James P Szabo, 24, with a child called Jordan. He's got other videos on Youtube

Richard

So the CWDF sleuths switch their attention from finding stolen boats to tracking down rouge boaters....

Sounds like a challenge

Are we getting warm

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/szabo/james/

Edited by MJG

Hmm, how do I get an account with 192?

Richard

Clocked him too.

Costs I think if you click on the address link or any of the others it takes to a sign in /register page

mmm is it worth a tenner???

Edited by MJG

Nahhh

I think this is him:

https://secure.bebo.com/c/photos/view?MemberId=294703953&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=294835873

His email address is on his profile too

Richard

Almost certainly is -

Location ties up with the Llangollen canal suggestion too

- don't we need an address though -

Googling around this it seems you can go to the local town all to manually search the electoral register for free doing it electronically costs - does any body live in Wrexham??? or have a 192 account....

The write up on youtube says it's near Rugby...

Can't see that Casp - where you looking?

Edited by MJG