How busy is it out there?

sam pig

Featured Posts

There are some cheery helpful characters on here. Unreal

It can be nice to be nice. I find it less stressful..

Edit: I will gladly share how it was as long as it is not taken as some opportunity for further unhelpful facetious grumpy old toad comments..

Take no notice of 'em mate. Most of 'em are live-aboards with elsans, and in this hot weather they tend to get a bit "tetchy" :).

Enjoy your trip. I'm just a bit jealous that it's going to be a week or two before I can get out again and enjoy the cut regardless of queues.

• Greenie 1

all sniping comments apart. We travelled up the Bridgewater then T/M to Middlewich on Sunday and was surprised how quiet the canals were. Today around Middlewich and Kings Lock there were a few more boats arond but nowhere near as busy as usual/ Our fuel boat. alton left Calverley at 8. am this morning and was with us the other side of Middlewich at 6.00 so it couldnt have been that bad, hope that helps

Take no notice of 'em mate. Most of 'em are live-aboards with elsans, and in this hot weather they tend to get a bit "tetchy" :).

Enjoy your trip. I'm just a bit jealous that it's going to be a week or two before I can get out again and enjoy the cut regardless of queues.

I don't have an elsan. I'm just still trying to understand the reason for the OP's question. I mean, there are so many variables.

He states he's leaving early Wednesday, but how long during the day will he be boating?

Easter was over yesterday, so how does the 'usual chaotic Easter state' apply to Grindley Brook by the time he gets there?

What is his definitions of 'busy' and 'carnage' and 'negatives', and....

.... tell you what, just do it and have a good cruise. B)

Tone

I don't have an elsan. I'm just still trying to understand the reason for the OP's question. I mean, there are so many variables.

He states he's leaving early Wednesday, but how long during the day will he be boating?

Easter was over yesterday, so how does the 'usual chaotic Easter state' apply to Grindley Brook by the time he gets there?

Tone

I have had some useful feedback from folks already who managed to answer the question, "how busy is it out there?" both on and off the forum, without any further clarification to my original question being required, as in "is it really busy up the Llangollen canal at the moment or is not?"

Most of the folk who answered (with useful information) seem to be not of the type that desire to start an argument in an empty room..

The cruise will be great. It always is..

Tone

Probably no more so than Sam is trying to understand the reason for the acidic replies. ;)

Then why bother asking? :cheers:

Tone

The wise words of Rabbie Burns come to mind:

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as others see us.

It wad frae monie a blunder free us. An' foolish notion ..."

Lest you were having any foolish notions to the contrary, I must advise you that your posts in this thread have been a blunder.

Cotswoldman's too.

The wise words of Rabbie Burns come to mind:

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us. To see oursels as others see us.

It wad frae monie a blunder free us. An' foolish notion ..."

Lest you were having any foolish notions to the contrary, I must advise you that your posts in this thread have been a blunder.

Cotswoldman's too.

Hahaha.

Honestly though - a person asks a question, if only to get a bit of friendly banter going, and they get ripped apart.

I thought this was a forum, didn't realise we had to sanity check every question before posting.

Hahaha.

Honestly though - a person asks a question, if only to get a bit of friendly banter going, and they get ripped apart.

I thought this was a forum, didn't realise we had to sanity check every question before posting.

Indeed. Just to rub it in, those lines come from a little poem that is aptly dedicated: "To a Louse"!