Lakeland Leisure Estates

Chubby Chaser

Featured Posts

Who told them to leave?

When did this happen?

Where can we read about this?

Basically unverifiable rumour. I call that an urban myth

It isn't unverifiable. Please don't infer I am lying just because you haven't heard of this. It was probably about six years ago.An ambulance was called for one of the residents but the gate hadn't been opened. The emergency services reported the lack of access and the Marina owners told the residents who they hadn't got planning permission for to leave. Towpath Talk and other magazines published the information at the time.

Sue

I've just found post 26 in the Liverboards other than residential thread.

Edited by sueb

It isn't unverifiable. Please don't infer I am lying just because you haven't heard of this. It was probably about six years ago.An ambulance was called for one of the residents but the gate hadn't been opened. The emergency services reported the lack of access and the Marina owners told the residents who they hadn't got planning permission for to leave. Towpath Talk and other magazines published the information at the time.

Sue

I've just found post 26 in the Liverboards other than residential thread.

I don't imply that you are lying. I state that you are telling us an anecdote that we cannot verify all the details of, and that as such your conclusions are unsupported.

We had an example over the bank holiday when some poor soul passed away and it was a while before his body was found. The emergency services attended and were able to gain access easily as the barrier was up. Had it not been, they do have the code, unlike the vandals who recently ripped it off and stole the traffic lights off the bridge. No doubt they will be looking at the circumstances surrounding this death and as to why he was living on his boat in the marina.

Unless you have a properly, registered residential berth I wouldn't admit that you live on your boat. You may spend alot of time on it. As we don't live on, we do want security for our boat when we are not there. We must have chosen the wrong spot. We regularly witness the public coming in and using the place like a park - having picnics and even lighting barbecues. Their children and dogs running amok, often walking down the jetties to look at and play on the boats.

We do have to admit that it is in a beautiful position and it may suit some people; but having lived on ourselves for 15 years until recently 'going on the bank' and having over 30 years of boating experiences, we feel it would be naive to think nothing would ever happen. Unless secuity improves we won't be renewing and will choose a more secure mooring.

Sorry, right over my head that one.

John 20:24-25

Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came.

So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe."

I am indebted for the reference.

The problem is that Sue has got all huffy, and suggests that I doubt what she says and that I'm calling her a liar.

That is not the case.

What I am saying is that what she presented us with was only part of the whole story, and that as such her implication of a direct causative relationship between the two things was difficult to accept.

Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came.

So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe."

Thank you kind sir :lol:

Sue

I too moor at Tattenhall and have spent most of the summer there. I have noticed a few people walk over the bridge and onto the marina but never have I saw any visitors dogs running off leads (except moorers dogs now and again)! I have never witnessed kids running amok up and down jetty's and definitely not playing on boats. When the weather was hot one or two couples sat at the new picnic tables to enjoy the weather and view but again I have never saw any of them light a BBQ. I am pleased that they are putting their litter in our bins rather than dropping it on the ground.

I think that Lakeland Leisure are doing a good job but it is early days for them. In the summer they put on a fantastic hog roast night with a band. At a cost of £10 with all drinks included was excellent value and something they should do more. On that night I spoke to the owner who was very nice and answered any fears I had, after talking to him I am looking forward to the future at Tattenhall with Lakeland Leisure. What he did say was that you can never please all of the customers all of the time and he is so right, most moorers I have spoke to are happy with the way things are at Tattenhall!

We had an example over the bank holiday when some poor soul passed away and it was a while before his body was found. The emergency services attended and were able to gain access easily as the barrier was up. Had it not been, they do have the code, unlike the vandals who recently ripped it off and stole the traffic lights off the bridge. No doubt they will be looking at the circumstances surrounding this death and as to why he was living on his boat in the marina.

Unless you have a properly, registered residential berth I wouldn't admit that you live on your boat. You may spend alot of time on it. As we don't live on, we do want security for our boat when we are not there. We must have chosen the wrong spot. We regularly witness the public coming in and using the place like a park - having picnics and even lighting barbecues. Their children and dogs running amok, often walking down the jetties to look at and play on the boats.

We do have to admit that it is in a beautiful position and it may suit some people; but having lived on ourselves for 15 years until recently 'going on the bank' and having over 30 years of boating experiences, we feel it would be naive to think nothing would ever happen. Unless secuity improves we won't be renewing and will choose a more secure mooring.

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, i have just joined, we are currently moored at Tattenhall and would just like to say that the tow path side of the marina is not at all secure. people from the tow path can access the marina at any time through a couple of holes in the hedge. we have reported this problem a few times but no-one is taking notice of it. We have even tried ourselves to cover these holes up but to no avail...... there i have said it i got it off my chest .

Apart from that we are enjoying our time here at the marina . And the management are fab they have been most helpful ^-^

Edited by sammiejoe