DONE IT FINALLY!!!

kienik

Featured Posts

Well we have finally done it, after a few failed interviews 9due to the other halfs age) we have finally secured our own business.

to cut a long story short, i work as a corporate manager for a major pub restaurant company (not weatherspoons or whitbread), my partner was a deputy manager in one of our pubs, he has been applying for his own business (managed house not tenancy so no financial risk involved, after two failed applications we have finally accepted our first pub restaurant on the outskirts of Chester.

"Kieran" (the OH) has been a deputy manager for a few years and i have worked for head office in a HR role, we have been looking for a while for the perfect pub restaurant to run as a couple, well we got the phone call on Friday to say it is ours!!!!

So my notice has been given in to my boss, we got the keys to the pub today, removal van is booked for Wednesday this week, i have to hand my company car back in a few weeks (which will be heart wrenching), i have my first shift in the pub on Friday. all VERY exciting stuff!!!!

For clarity, we are not taking a pub that requires a financial investment as it is part of a chain, the pub is very succesful and extremely profitable it just needs a good management couple to take it further (so anyone that wishes to reply with "ooohh isnt the pub trade on its arse" well no it is definately not in this case).

were going to rent our house out for a few years (six monthly lets) then see how it goes, the savings in mortgage payments will be a god send as we will be living above the pub, the only down side to it is that the pub is two miles from the nearest canal.

Well im just about done, alls i ask is that if anyone is in the chester area then send me a PM and ill pass on the details of the pub, (if we get enough interest from boaters we will give you a discount on meals), if you want to see more visit www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk to view the menus.

see you all soon

Nik

Well we have finally done it, after a few failed interviews 9due to the other halfs age) we have finally secured our own business.

to cut a long story short, i work as a corporate manager for a major pub restaurant company (not weatherspoons or whitbread), my partner was a deputy manager in one of our pubs, he has been applying for his own business (managed house not tenancy so no financial risk involved, after two failed applications we have finally accepted our first pub restaurant on the outskirts of Chester.

"Kieran" (the OH) has been a deputy manager for a few years and i have worked for head office in a HR role, we have been looking for a while for the perfect pub restaurant to run as a couple, well we got the phone call on Friday to say it is ours!!!!

So my notice has been given in to my boss, we got the keys to the pub today, removal van is booked for Wednesday this week, i have to hand my company car back in a few weeks (which will be heart wrenching), i have my first shift in the pub on Friday. all VERY exciting stuff!!!!

For clarity, we are not taking a pub that requires a financial investment as it is part of a chain, the pub is very succesful and extremely profitable it just needs a good management couple to take it further (so anyone that wishes to reply with "ooohh isnt the pub trade on its arse" well no it is definately not in this case).

were going to rent our house out for a few years (six monthly lets) then see how it goes, the savings in mortgage payments will be a god send as we will be living above the pub, the only down side to it is that the pub is two miles from the nearest canal.

Well im just about done, alls i ask is that if anyone is in the chester area then send me a PM and ill pass on the details of the pub, (if we get enough interest from boaters we will give you a discount on meals), if you want to see more visit www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk to view the menus.

see you all soon

Nik

well done, I wish you good luck and a following wind in your new venture

well run pubs that give their customers what they want are doing well. The pub trade isn't on it's arse, although it would be wrong to say it is growing, it is getting polarised between those that adapt and those who don't.

anyone who wants a debate on pub closures please start a new thread where I will happily join in.

Well done! Pubs are awesome - hope you have a fantastic time. I'm quite envious of you getting to work together. Pubs are bloody hard work but such fun :cheers:

Edited to correct stupid grammatical error!

Edited by Dekazer