Unlicensed and unregistered Narrow Boat on GU

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

I was cruising the GU today I was just about to go into Leighton lock #27 when I saw a Narrow Boat boat tied up by the bank. On closer inspection it was obviously a leisure mooring but the boat had no valid waterway license or a registered number!!!. I attempted to breast up against it but the though of my child keeping the occupants awake with her Nintendo DS was too much and we tied up somewhere else. After all we were intending to leave at 10AM!

This is disgraceful I pay my license and a some times a mooring charge but I'm sure someone should report this as a matter of urgency. I would like to report this of course, but I am far too busy eating pies, correcting peoples grammar and pretending I am an important consultant.

I have attached a picture for the forums records so when you see this disgraceful boat you can all say Tut Tut and moan about it to your friend.

Regards

Bob B

IMG_0357.JPG

• Greenie 1

I was cruising the GU today I was just about to go into Leighton lock #27 when I saw a Narrow Boat boat tied up by the bank. On closer inspection it was obviously a leisure mooring but the boat had no valid waterway license or a registered number!!!. I attempted to breast up against it but the though of my child keeping the occupants awake with her Nintendo DS was too much and we tied up somewhere else. After all we were intending to leave at 10AM!

This is disgraceful I pay my license and a some times a mooring charge but I'm sure someone should report this as a matter of urgency. I would like to report this of course, but I am far too busy eating pies, correcting peoples grammar and pretending I am an important consultant.

I have attached a picture for the forums records so when you see this disgraceful boat you can all say Tut Tut and moan about it to your friend.

Regards

Bob B

IMG_0357.JPG

The noun is licence, not license.

:P

Thank Gawd (or any other high authority) BW turn a blind eye to these sort of boats. I did a study of the Wey and Arun a few years ago, and got figures of boat registrations for the Wey from the National Trust. These suggested about sixty boats a mile with an average length of "under 25 feet". Turned out there were a lot of rowing boats and canoes in the figures, and the previous consultant hadn't checked and had used 25 feet as the average length for craft that would pass through a lock... No wonder they said you could get six boats in at once...

I deny everything I was dead at the time :wacko:

Are you still dead or did you make a recovery? (Never spoken to the dead before... love new experiences)

Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now.

Boo...Hiss... disgraceful behaviour!

Thank you... I like to think I carry it well... :unsure:

Still don't know how to insert a photo though (NO rude replies please). Can anyone help me there?

The photo needs to be hosted on a website already (could, in theory, be the gallery of this website)

then, when posting, look at that row of "things" above your post that starts with BIUS, one of them is "insert image (just after insert link)

Enter image url here, the easiest way is to have said image up as a web page, and copy and past the url (that's the address in the address bar)

Doesn't work if you are in your own Flickr account, which is why I repeatedly end up with MJG posting my pictures. Can be any website though, Most of my unStable Bar pics, such as the purple beer, are from websites found through Google. Keep an eye on copyright though (says he to cover himself)