Washing Machines

nearlythere

Featured Posts

First make sure you have a boat with a dedicated engine room filled with a big lump of vintage cast iron. Buy a compact washing machine - the Zanussi ZWC1301 seems favourite at the moment - its 3Kg load will take a full double bedding change if needed, at least mine did

Run the engine with a couple of fair sized alternators attached to supplement the inverter drain whilst said machine is running, trying to be on the move at the same time which will give you a nice change of scenery as washing progresses. When finished, tie up & hang wet washing over hot lump of vintage cast iron - some time later fold & store clean dry washing with the added unique fragrance of vintage engine - sorted :P

i have just bought the exact model £220 cash.still in the box never used one very very small chip on the bottom front (filler enamell spray) and a scratch on one side, not seen. 12 momth warranty. place in manchester who sell returns. if any one wants the address just ley me know :cheers:

First make sure you have a boat with a dedicated engine room filled with a big lump of vintage cast iron. Buy a compact washing machine - the Zanussi ZWC1301 seems favourite at the moment - its 3Kg load will take a full double bedding change if needed, at least mine did

Do you know if this will this run off a 2kw inverter?

If you've got a lot of washing to do, I still say you can't beat a launderette for speed.

I agree though, it's what suits you.

Yes, the lauderettes are better for speed and load capacity, but we save a fortune by using our washer/dryer on the boat. 12p per wash as opposed to £2 at the Marina laundry room.

When on the move we have the benefit of 'Travelpower' that allows use of the washing machine etc., without overloading the batteries and inverter. Suggested by the boatbuilder for us two liveaboards, we wouldn't be without it!

On our previous 40' narrow boat, we had an Candy Aqua 1,000 washing machine. That, in combination with a portable inverter charger, allowed us to cruise around without the pong & crinkle of unwashed clothes. :o

What a little gem that washer was!

Here they come!

a05fp.jpg

It may not be the greed culture, but the untold numbers of permanent visitors from abroad whom also wish to live, wash, drink and prosper in our Southern climes, (and have you noticed - there's also boaters thinking of fitting washing machines!! - whatever happened to the old habit of wearing the 'day-time' clothes through the stage when they'd stand up on their own, right through to the point where the clothes wouldn't bend, they'd just crack - - - - that's when they needed a wash!)

How will we cope with the influx of so many more people wishing to settle here permenantly on Treasure Island with six month visitor visas?

I do remember the good old days, when the acid test to see if your clothes were due for a wash was to simply throw them at the wall. If they stuck there, they were ready for the washer, if they fell they were good for another week! :blink:

Edited by Doorman

We dont live aboard but if we did then a washing machine would be a must.

We manage for a week when we are on holiday without a machine, but the amount of washing when we get home is not great. Last summer on our two week trip we did have to use a launderette. Luckily for us we landed in Wells where we could use the harbour masters machine overnight as many times as we liked for £5. A couple of boats chipped in and we both did all of our week's clothes and bedding (seperately of course). :cheers: