Horrible Hackney

Leonie

Featured Posts

It seems Hackney is going through one of it's bleaker times regarding anti-social behaviour. In the last week there have been three succesful and one attempted generator theft. The thieves are coming equipped with wire cutters and if the gennie is too big to carry they are 'borrowing' trolleys from other boats.

This weekend, I know of one bike and one bike front wheel being stolen.

Boaters moored along Broadway Market were harrased by teens intent on vandalising and generally menacing on Saturday night. It started out as three or four youngins (16ish years old) and quickly grew to eight to ten.

Top top that all off, the boat behind me has sunk at Victoria Park. It was moved into place on Saturday afternoon by a couple of dodgy dudes and was on the bottom by Sunday morning.

Stay safe Londoneers :-)

p.s. the people I loaned my battery charger to blew the sucker up hah hah.

Funny thing perception, I was out in hackney for a few jars on Saturday for the first time in ages. I commented to Miss Wanted that I thought things looked loads better than the late 90s!

And I guess if a small group of people have 'hit gold' with a well displayed crop of generators then the likelihood of them returning is high.

gene makers are missing a trick by making very portable sets and not including decent anchor points.

Rob

Top top that all off, the boat behind me has sunk at Victoria Park. It was moved into place on Saturday afternoon by a couple of dodgy dudes and was on the bottom by Sunday morning.

It's not funny blowing up someone else's boat especially as it was only just moored there. No wonder it sank. :angry:

gene makers are missing a trick by making very portable sets and not including decent anchor points.

Rob

Sell punter new genny. Genny gets nicked. Punter claims on insurance. Sell punter another new genny.

What trick are they missing again?

R

Funny thing perception, I was out in hackney for a few jars on Saturday for the first time in ages. I commented to Miss Wanted that I thought things looked loads better than the late 90s!

And I guess if a small group of people have 'hit gold' with a well displayed crop of generators then the likelihood of them returning is high.

Rob

I was supposed to be in Hackmey on Friday for the Pigs Ear beer festival but with the temperature at -3c I gave it a miss :-(

Tim

Sell punter new genny. Genny gets nicked. Punter claims on insurance. Sell punter another new genny.

R

Point well made. :cheers:

I was supposed to be in Hackmey on Friday for the Pigs Ear beer festival but with the temperature at -3c I gave it a miss :-(

Tim

It wasn't too bad, mind you I was in a rammed warehouse with loads of sweaty ravers!

It seems Hackney is going through one of it's bleaker times regarding anti-social behaviour. In the last week there have been three succesful and one attempted generator theft. The thieves are coming equipped with wire cutters and if the gennie is too big to carry they are 'borrowing' trolleys from other boats.

This weekend, I know of one bike and one bike front wheel being stolen.

Boaters moored along Broadway Market were harrased by teens intent on vandalising and generally menacing on Saturday night. It started out as three or four youngins (16ish years old) and quickly grew to eight to ten.

When ever this kind of thing happens, whether its theft or antisocial behaviour from the local scallys always report it to the police, 999 for theft in progress and for after the event non emergency in London call 0300 123 1212. Always worth letting your local BW enforcement officer or customer services know too as we do log incidents and help the local police to try and make the canal a safer place for all of us.

Has anyone else seen the "two dodgy dudes" on the sunken boat or know exactly who they are and where they have gone? Please PM me and it will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Thanks,

D

When ever this kind of thing happens, whether its theft or antisocial behaviour from the local scallys always report it to the police, 999 for theft in progress and for after the event non emergency in London call 0300 123 1212. Always worth letting your local BW enforcement officer or customer services know too as we do log incidents and help the local police to try and make the canal a safer place for all of us.

Has anyone else seen the "two dodgy dudes" on the sunken boat or know exactly who they are and where they have gone? Please PM me and it will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Thanks,

D

er, do we have a name or description of the sunken boat, could help...???????

R

That's exactly how the mobile phone industry works to.

Even better - the phone shop sells you the insurance!

For the most part the gentrification of Hackney and Dalston etc has done wonders to improve the area but he same estates still rub shoulders with the artists, location scouts and fashionistas.

You are so right about the thefts. It's like wandering down the Tesco aisle and picking off what you'd like for the few baddies. One of the bikes that was stolen wasn't locked to the boat...

Tim

Well, I'd have thought was too cold to be out robbing and rabble rousing too. Sadly not!

I always give Hackney a miss - bleedin' shitole! :lol:

For the most part I quite like it. Good access to the office and some trendy markets nearby plus actual BW facilities etc.

D

It's all been reported to the police, even the sunken boat. They were called when British Waterways didn't respond to my call about the sunken boat. The police have one of the generators as we managed to disturb the scallies stealing it and couldn't work out which boat it came from and they were instrumental in removing the gang of rampaging teens around Broadway Market.

I gave all the info I had on the boat/dodgy dudes to the enforcement officer who phoned on Monday but would be happy to speak with anyone at BW again.

er, do we have a name or description of the sunken boat, could help...???????

There's no name, no number, no license on display. It's brigh green with navy blue cratch cover and blonde wood cratch. About 45ft - 48ft long at a rough guess. It had a fluroescent orange sign in the window with 'Fore sale cheap house phone number' in the window. Whoever is on the end of that phone number is 'the dodgy dudes' who say they are based in Kent and they have been notified of the state of their boat. The police have that number and I believe British Waterways does as well. They told me that they'd only had the boat about 3 months but I'd take whatever they actually said with a grain of salt.

Edited by Leonie