Zanussi ZWC 1300 W Washing Machine

Dave-Shrop

Featured Posts

Does anyone use a Zanussi ZWC 1300 W Washing Machine on an inverter, if so which make inverter? We have a Rich Electric INVERTEK 3000w Combi Plus and the washing machine stops when it gets to to rinse cycle and just sits there for ever. It works ok on the mains and on the generator. we had the same washing machine and a Invertek inverter although branded as Sterling on the previous boat and that worked ok. All other mains aquipment works ok. Rich electric are looking into it, but this is a long drawn out process. Just onedered if anyone else has had a problem with a Zanussi washing machine and which inverter?

David

Is the inverter in powersave mode?

could be that the WM pauses and the inverter goes to powersave and the WM wont bring it out again

No Powersave is turned off, Fridge/Frezzer won't work if Powersave is on.

It is a Pure Sine wave inverter and looking at the sine wave on a scope it looks exactly the same as the mains.

I had a somewhat similar problem when trying to run my Hoover washer/dryer off my Genisis generator for the first time. . Having gone through the wash cycle it just sat there giving the occasional "twitch" but no more. It would work off the Mastervolt inverter(PSW) but as I wanted to use the dryer as well that wasn't an option. .Putting a resistive load on the generator (a 1kw fan heater) solved the problem. Explaining why I had a running fan heater in the fore well when it was 28 degrees C was more difficult.

Frank

A different issue, but when I'm off shore power I use a Zanussi ZWC 1300W from my Honda EU30i generator, which in theory as a pure sinewave generator should run it without a problem. Sometimes the washing machine starts straight away, but sometimes it just sits there with the "end" light flashing for an hour before the "start" light eventually lights up and I can run it. I never got to the bottom of this issue.

Which generator do you use Dave-Shrop?

We have this washing machine too. Would not work with our old generator, a Vetus 3000rpk model but works great with our new one, Onan 1500rpm pure sine wave. we too had to put a fan heater on at times to ensure the Vetus was under control or equipment with very low current consumption would not work.

We also run the washing machine when cruising via a Victron 3000w pure sine wave inverter. The only time we had a problem was when I tried it in the power saving mode when it would get to the spin position and then the inverter would trip out.

Which generator do you use Dave-Shrop?

The generator is Mastervolt whisper 6, at first it was running at 53Hz and somtimes the washing machine would not start but I have altered the RPM so it gives 50Hz with the washing machine is heating.

I had a somewhat similar problem when trying to run my Hoover washer/dryer off my Genisis generator for the first time. . Having gone through the wash cycle it just sat there giving the occasional "twitch" but no more. It would work off the Mastervolt inverter(PSW) but as I wanted to use the dryer as well that wasn't an option. .Putting a resistive load on the generator (a 1kw fan heater) solved the problem. Explaining why I had a running fan heater in the fore well when it was 28 degrees C was more difficult.

Frank

Yes this was suggested I put a heating load on when trying the inverter, but it still did not work.

David

we run this machine with a "Prosine" 1800 watt pure sine inverter. No issues as long as power save is off. With power save on there is not enough current draw when the machine is resting between some of the cycles and the inverter drops off into standby mod.

Paul m