Locks & quays

Locks and Quays

Featured Posts

Awww Gawd,

Not Eastenders doom n gloom, One day someones gonna smile on that program, aren`t they?

i dont watch it but the kids were so down that nana moon was dead i thought she was real and one of the friends grandmothers.

when a tv show is going out and depressing young kids how is it popular,nothing like a good death,it cant be healthy for the kids heads.

Fred Talbot went on the lovely wide beam built for the French canals and is moored on Crooke marina just near to us. My phone never stopping ringing when the programme was on telling me to watch it. Many people who don`t have a boat really love the canals and are interested in the boats.

He'll be going up, as he's come from Liverpool. I hope he also covers the Leigh Branch, much history down there.

The stretch from the top of Wigan to the bottom of Johnson's Hillock used to be owned by The Lancaster Canal as it was originally built to form part of it but the never built the aquaduct over The Ribble. It's a lovely stretch. I'll be at work so recording devices all set !!

Has anyone got the first episode of Locks & Quays recorded as I missed it, assuming last week was the second one?? I think it was, I saw last weeks.

Edited by GRPCruiserman

Locks and Quays is on tonight at 7.30pm on ITV Granada.

They leave Crooke and travel along the Leeds Liverpool Canal to Wigan. Fred navigates the 23 locks there after a hearty lunch .....he ate 2 pies! Fred received a certificate from the pub at top lock (Kirkless Hall)once you complete these locks.....he's got it framed at home.

The team spent the night moored outside the Crooke Inn after spending a most enjoyable evening. The customers at the pub and the landlord and landlady got the team out of a sticky situation when the boat ran of water. Hoses were collected from the village to fill us up. This doesn't appear in the programme unfortunately as everyone was too busy trying to sort the boat out in the dark ... so no one was filming.

Bit of inside information there.

confused......

Halfway through the episode fred showed a lock with roman numerals. It was lock number 8.

He then said "only 7 more to go"

At the end of the program he said "here we are at the end, lock number 23"

hmm...........

Good episode though....

Just watched the Locks & Quays from last night, good one, can't wait for next week.

Also just watched last night's Waterworld. Can't imagine what the guy is going to do when his washer needs repairing/replacing now he's built his galley around it in the corner facing the bathroom! The woman painting the dog and cat was brilliant though, really good likeness to her subjects, very impressed. Liked her bird pictures best.

Hi,

for anyone who can't get Locks and Quays but does have a broadband connection:

Link Removed - Sharing of recored programs without permission the materials owner is prohibited on the forum - SiteCrew

Enjoy

Len

PS. First one (based on time of reciept!) to PM me their address can have a copy of prog two (only prog up there yet and the bit with the old folks became a bit mawkish for my taste) on cd if you promise to pass it on.

No costs involved -buy me a drink in the virtual pub!!!!

Edited by DHutch
See italics

• 3 weeks later...

I was on Locks and Quays last week.......there was a man painting on the Trent and Mersey......we went past in the background...black portholed trad. Watch your recordings and you will see me and Jack Dog going past.......2 seconds of fame !!

Paula XX

A coupe with a boat called "Smudge" were on it a few weeks ago... although you only saw "SMUD"

I recognise that Marie Celeste too. When I did the Ribble Link around 3/4 years ago, they were there then.

• 8 months later...

Well I've never seen any of this programme (different regions and stuff) but there's a 3-hour block of it this morning if anyone else is too cold to be bothered to go out and do anything.

Discovery RealTime Extra, Sky channel 252, 10am - 1pm

Well I've never seen any of this programme (different regions and stuff) but there's a 3-hour block of it this morning if anyone else is too cold to be bothered to go out and do anything.

Discovery RealTime Extra, Sky channel 252, 10am - 1pm

I have also not seen any of the programme but I do not have sky either!

I will just try and find someone friendly who does and shove a couple of video tapes at them and hope!

Never having been around the Leeds Liverpool or the Ribble link, I quite enjoyed those. The end credits all said copyright 2006, how many programmes or series have there been?

Not sure if it's another set or the same ones repeated, but there's another block of 5 tonight

Discovery RealTime Extra, Sky channel 252, 8.30pm - 11pm