Thetford Fridge

monkeyhanger

Featured Posts

Does anyone have a Thetford gas fridge on their boat? I have seen one, model N100, 3-way which seems incredibly noisy when running on gas,with a sound almost like a tiny jet engine running. I used to have an old Sibir gas fridge which was silent to run. Do all Thetford fridges make this sort of noise when run on gas? I'd be grateful for any information and/or opinions.

Does anyone have a Thetford gas fridge on their boat? I have seen one, model N100, 3-way which seems incredibly noisy when running on gas,with a sound almost like a tiny jet engine running. I used to have an old Sibir gas fridge which was silent to run. Do all Thetford fridges make this sort of noise when run on gas? I'd be grateful for any information and/or opinions.

Would give a whole new meaning to 'using the Thetford' - on our boat anyway!

ps don't like your forum name.

• Greenie 1

I've never seen an LPG fridge that is anything other than totally silent in operation.

I've never heard of a Thetford one, (Dometic is what the old Electrolux brand now is), but the Electtrolux/Dometics just have a very small flame. It really can't make any significant noise, as far as I can see....

It's usually compressor fridges (electric) that would irritate me!

I've never seen an LPG fridge that is anything other than totally silent in operation.

I've never heard of a Thetford one, (Dometic is what the old Electrolux brand now is), but the Electtrolux/Dometics just have a very small flame. It really can't make any significant noise, as far as I can see....

It's usually compressor fridges (electric) that would irritate me!

That's what I thought. This one has 4 very small flames that make a "roaring" sound.

Thetford N100 Premium LCD Fridge EES Model - 97 litre including 11 litre freezer compartment. Much bigger than my Electrolux RM2200 - similar to a standard domestic 50cm under counter unit. I guess it needs a bigger, noisier flame? I can hear the Electrolux if I turn the radio off and place my ear by the top vent.

Alan