HMS Astute

blackrose

Featured Posts

There is a suspicion of sabotage by a friend of my brother-in-law who is on the submarine and very keen to get off it. It was rushed out to sea trials before it was ready.

What evidence does your brother-in-law's friend have for sabotage?

Perhaps he should be speaking to someone in authority about this, or are his suspicions just paranoia (in which case he probably shouldn't be on the sub in the first place).

"the ConDem's cutbacks"

Don't mean to be picky Martin but don't you mean "Dems con" As for all this negativity about the Captain & crew for running aground, what's the big deal I do it all the time. :captain: Except of course he should have just got his long poles out and a few shoves and no one would have known. He'll never cut on the canals.

What is more dismaying about the incident is the coverage by BBC. On this mornings news they sent a reporter to the site and showed us a shot of where the Astute had been, mmm nothing there now. And proceeded to tell us that the navy divers will be "going under water" (wow that's a revelation to me) and inspecting for any damage. Why do they have to spend our licence money to take a crew out there to tell us what could have been said in the studio? Or even given us credit to have worked that one out. Now I'm on a rant.

What evidence does your brother-in-law's friend have for sabotage?

Perhaps he should be speaking to someone in authority about this, or are his suspicions just paranoia (in which case he probably shouldn't be on the sub in the first place).

I thought he meant it was his brother-in-law's friend who was suspected of the sabotage. ;)

I recall being on the Isle of Arran ferry several year's ago as it came into Brodick and seeing the large naval vessel which was three-quarters of the way up the beach just behind the local dairy company's premises, having run aground at speed, traveling ninety degrees to the shoreline. The bow was covered in "drink more milk stickers" by the time it appeared in the papers and the television news.

The ship's captain remarked to the owner of the dairy, "This will put Arran on the map" to which came the reply, "If you'd looked at the map you would have seen Arran is already on it before you ran into it."

HMS Astute, the Royal Navy's newest nuclear powered submarine has been grounded off the Isle of Skye.

Now that's what I call BAD SEAMANSHIP!

I don't know what all the fuss is about - it can happen to anybody!

aground1.jpg

Astute is obviously sub-standard!!! (sorry!..ish) Skye it seems is the limit! so.... stay afloat with an Aintree Boat!(bet I get shot for this one!)

love to all xxx Flynny.

What for, two poor puns in a row? Nope, you'll be OK for that

In time honoured manner, here's your coat

Richard