No more Folly!

Athy

Featured Posts

Don't blame Carl. You started the racist thing. All topics wander. That is what makes discussion interesting.

In comes the rear guard!

If my memory serves me right Bamber, it was you that started the digression when you labeled Pub Landlords & Drinks retailers as drug dealers :wacko::smiley_offtopic:

The racist thing, as you call it, was an additional subject that came in the back door.

Incidentally, brown nosing is such a demeaning trait!

Edited to sell the echo chamber! :wacko:

Edited by Doorman

So would I IF it was well kept. If it was presented with the typical attitude of twmb I would only risk a half as I've been sold crap too often. Serve me a good pint and I'll drink it all night. Offer me rubbish and I'll move on somewhere better and tell the world what a scoundrel you are..... :P

If real ale is such a poor seller, how is it that Wetherspoons* can offer up to a dozen guest beers? A pub in Gainsborough (8 Jolly Brewers) I visited last week sold little else but real ale and was the busiest pub I've been in on a monday night for ages.

*Not that I'm a fan of Wetherspoons I might add, I only use them occasionally out of desperation. They are the slippery slope to the end of pubs as we know them. The village shop, wayside petrol station et al went the same way....

I am a fan of wetherspoons. We can eat in the pub, in Reading, cheaper than having a take away. At airports it is the best place for a quick cheap meal. We used the one in Windsor recently, excellent menu very good price and nice venue, no Muzak and polite staff. I don't drink beer so couldn't comment on that but if we are in unknown territory we look for Wetherspoons.

Sue