Waterworld

dor

Featured Posts

A young lad recently started working with me.......His Mum is the Producer for the Series......I've got a little job for him!

So have I! Tell him to get her to address waterway users issues instead of producing a PR puff for the waterways.

I have just watched the first show in the new series. A pleasant enough 20 minutes or so. A group of girls out on one of their parents boat, The experienced one seemed to be well versed in instruction, not panicking when one of the others did something wrong. A couple fitting out their liveaboard. about 10 seconds on the history of the canals and that was about it. Very lightweight programme, don't know whether I shall bother watching again.

Some amusing continuity issues however, the girls were seen passing Wigrams Turn AFTER going up Napton flight - I wonder how they do that?

I hope the guys who can watch Granada got a better program to fill their time.

Tony :)

Edited by tony collins

can anyone put up instruction for getting this progromme on my sky box.

i am in granada land.

I wouldn't bother Gaggle, but if you must, there is a link on the "Docks and Quays" thread which puports to give attenna information on how to get other channels. I couldn't get it to work when I tried to get Granada.

Waterworld repeats have been shown on Bravo or Challenge channels if you have Sky. So you might just have to be patient.

Tony :)

i am in granada land.

Switch on Sky Box

Press "Services" button on remote

Press 4 (System Setup)

Press 4 again (Add New Channels)

Key in the Frequency 10758

Press "down" arrow

If Polarisation is not shown as "V", press "left" or "right" arrow until it is shown as "V"

Press "down" arrow

If Symbol Rate is not shown as "22", press "left" or "right" arrow until it is shown as "22" (or possibly as 22000)

Press "down" arrow

If FEC is not shown as "5/6", press "left" or "right" arrow until it is shown as "5/6"

Press "down" arrow (Find New Channels)

Press "Select"

Wait a few seconds for the new channels to appear

Move the cursor up or down to "ITV1 Central West" (or, for any other readers not in Granadaland but who want to get Granada, select "ITV1 Granada")

Press the Yellow button

Press Select

Press "Back Up" repeatedly to get back to a picture.

The new channel will NOT have been allocated a number. To view it you must press "Services" and then press 6 (Other Channels) and then "Select"

If you get it wrong, don't worry, AFAIK there are no possible unwanted side effects. You cannot, for example, accidentally delete your normal channels.

If for some reason you don't find ITV1 Central West in this way, try it again using Frequency 10832, Polarisation H, Symbol Rate 22, FEC 5/6, and you should find Central South or Central East.

Good Luck - Allan

i am in granada land.

I am in Granada Land as well, and it's a pain we don't get Waterworld, just the 2002/2003 repeats on Discovery Home and Leisure. Now I know it's on I can record it through satellite. Thanks for the info all.

:):):wacko:

Watched both Waterworld and Locks & Quays last night.

Waterworld hasn't improved since the previous series. although there were one or two bits of interest, the program makers seem to target non-waterways users by trying to show what a laugh this boating lark is. The usual bit showing inexperienced boaters, although fair play to them, this lot took it more seriously than some previous groups. Very little about the waterways themselves, or the real people of the waterways.

Now L&Q was a different matter. Although I find Fred Talbot somewhat irritating (still an ITV weatherman at heart?), there is no doubting his enthusiasm about the waterways. It was nice to hear someone praising the industrial canals; I always find them interesting. A good balance of subjects. I think this beats Waterworld hands down.

Waterworld has a fantastic variety and quantity of waterways in the midlands, with a wealth of history and characters. It is a pity they make such a light puffy job of it, trying to be a bit light-hearted but failing the subject. People with an interest in the waterways will watch it, but in spite of the content rather than because of it.

Watched both Waterworld and Locks & Quays last night.

Waterworld hasn't improved since the previous series. although there were one or two bits of interest, the program makers seem to target non-waterways users by trying to show what a laugh this boating lark is. The usual bit showing inexperienced boaters, although fair play to them, this lot took it more seriously than some previous groups. Very little about the waterways themselves, or the real people of the waterways.

Now L&Q was a different matter. Although I find Fred Talbot somewhat irritating (still an ITV weatherman at heart?), there is no doubting his enthusiasm about the waterways. It was nice to hear someone praising the industrial canals; I always find them interesting. A good balance of subjects. I think this beats Waterworld hands down.

Waterworld has a fantastic variety and quantity of waterways in the midlands, with a wealth of history and characters. It is a pity they make such a light puffy job of it, trying to be a bit light-hearted but failing the subject. People with an interest in the waterways will watch it, but in spite of the content rather than because of it.

What is Locks & Quays??? What channel is that on and when???

oh dor oh dear who are these real people of the waterways?

mythical beings that are somewhat different from other people on the waterways,i would like to be a real person of the waterways but i am at a loss as to the route i must take to become real on the waterways.

i will think about going through the initiation rites if they dont involve getting a castle or roses painted on me boat or wearing a red hanky round me neck and a waistcoat,i will wear a shirt of the kind seen on the president boat because i have already bought one of them"bought as a gesture of support for the president" and they are nice and warm and remind me of my striped ben sherman days as a skin.

also i will not dip my cap and whistle god save the queen if a commadore appears on the towpath. :)

urgent request as i want to write a book HOW TO BE A REAL PERSON OF THE WATERWAYS

well everyone else has wrote a book on an aspect of the canal so i want one.

Edited by gaggle

oh dor oh dear who are these real people of the waterways?

mythical beings that are somewhat different from other people on the waterways,i would like to be a real person of the waterways but i am at a loss as to the route i must take to become real on the waterways.

i will think about going through the initiation rites if they dont involve getting a castle or roses painted on me boat or wearing a red hanky round me neck and a waistcoat,i will wear a shirt of the kind seen on the president boat because i have already bought one of them"bought as a gesture of support for the president" and they are nice and warm and remind me of my striped ben sherman days as a skin.

also i will not dip my cap and whistle god save the queen if a commadore appears on the towpath. :)

urgent request as i want to write a book HOW TO BE A REAL PERSON OF THE WATERWAYS

well everyone else has wrote a book on an aspect of the canal so i want one.

Hello gaggle

It's easy to be a "real person of the waterways". All you need is a beard, a dog, and a penchant for warm real ale - and little interest in the ladies.

If on the contrary you are beardless, dogless and enjoy proper ice cold beer, ie. Fosters, Stella or Kro for example, plus you like to score occasionally, then forget it, you'll never become a "RPOTW". :)

regards

Steve

Edited by anhar