Overnight mooring at Cropredy, Oxford Canal

NB Alnwick

Featured Posts

We are going to be away from our home mooring at Cropredy from lunchtime on Sunday, 15th August until Wednesday, 1st September. Forum members are welcome to use our spot as an overnight mooring while we are away on the strict condition that it is kept neat and tidy and left free of rubbish and animal waste. The spot is clearly signed and is approximately eight boat lengths south of Cropredy Bridge and shops.

We are going to be away from our home mooring at Cropredy from lunchtime on Sunday, 15th August until Wednesday, 1st September. Forum members are welcome to use our spot as an overnight mooring while we are away on the strict condition that it is kept neat and tidy and left free of rubbish and animal waste. The spot is clearly signed and is approximately eight boat lengths south of Cropredy Bridge and shops.

Alnwick is 70 foot is that right? If so, might have to take you up on that if it fits in with night fall (and the mooring is empty).

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mykaskin

That could be quite useful as we are coming your way. Probably get to Cropredy on Monday heading south.

This sort of generous offer to forum members would be extremely useful to the likes of me who travel around widely during 6 months of the year but regularly have to leave the boat for a few days. Would it be possible to establish a forum section to encourage this, perhaps with the proviso that the moorer and 'mooree' keep in touch?

Unfortunately I cannot at present reciprocate, as I only have an undefined winter mooring, and perhaps would be a bit of a parasite.................. :lol:

Mac

That could be quite useful as we are coming your way. Probably get to Cropredy on Monday heading south.

It might feel like a salmon swimming up the rapids if the Cropredy Festival crowd are on the post-gig move... Have fun. :lol:

This sort of generous offer to forum members would be extremely useful to the likes of me who travel around widely during 6 months of the year but regularly have to leave the boat for a few days. Would it be possible to establish a forum section to encourage this, perhaps with the proviso that the moorer and 'mooree' keep in touch?

Unfortunately I cannot at present reciprocate, as I only have an undefined winter mooring, and perhaps would be a bit of a parasite.................. :lol:

Mac

You could join a club that is AWCC affiliated.

Alnwick is 70 foot is that right? If so, might have to take you up on that if it fits in with night fall (and the mooring is empty).

Thanks,

Mike

We are 62' (or approximately 19 Metres) but there is usually room for 70 footer on our mooring.

I did so some years ago, and sometimes leave Cygnet at boat clubs, recently at Hinckley (who now charge for mooring - fair enough), and next week at Lichfield, but a scheme within CWDF could provide further options in areas where boat clubs are thin on the ground.

Mac

Mac

I did so some years ago, and sometimes leave Cygnet at boat clubs, recently at Hinckley (who now charge for mooring - fair enough), and next week at Lichfield, but a scheme within CWDF could provide further options in areas where boat clubs are thin on the ground.

Mac

Mac

Its a good idea and possibly would have helped me out with a forthcoming boat move - logistically it would be a bit of a challenged to coordinate though I would think.

We belong to just such a club, but we have usually been refused moorings by other AWCC clubs on the basis that we are more than 45ft and AWCC clubs only offer moorings to 45ft boats. We were even refused by a club who had 90ft of available mooring "in case two boats wanted to come along and share it". The mooring remained empty overnight, while we moored on the towpath opposite

And a certain AWCC club in Milton Keynes even black-balled us when we were associate members, because we (a) tried to stop on the mooring outside their clubhouse for 5 minutes when our engine was playing up and (:lol: tried to wind there when we were running as a trip boat on their behalf and had been specifically asked by them to run a trip from Linford to there and back for them. We tend to ignore them now and they ignore us!

That is a kind offer, we will be around there by the end of Monday evening and need to leave the boat for a day until we return on Wed night / Thurs morning perhaps we could use it if it is free? We just have to return home for one days work on Wednesday before we continue on down to Beale Park.