UK Boating

buccaneer

Featured Posts

Anyone watching Uk Boating

The guy with the most monotone voice in the world?

Obviously low budget, and all credit to him for putting it together, but it didn't inspire.

Before getting our boat, and fired up with all things "boaty", we had the misfortune

of watching (suffering?) 1/2 a dozen episodes. He was on a narrowboat ONCE. and

then only to say..... "this is a narrowboat".

:facepalm:

The guy with the most monotone voice in the world?

Obviously low budget, and all credit to him for putting it together, but it didn't inspire.

Before getting our boat, and fired up with all things "boaty", we had the misfortune

of watching (suffering?) 1/2 a dozen episodes. He was on a narrowboat ONCE. and

then only to say..... "this is a narrowboat".

:facepalm:

Other types of boating are avaliable. Narrowboats make up a small percentage of all boats afloat in UK waters :lol:

Other types of boating are avaliable. Narrowboats make up a small percentage of all boats afloat in UK waters :lol:

That's interesting. Can that be true or are you talking about boats afloat everywhere on the water rather than just inland waterways. Whenever I'm walking near an inland waterway (Norfolk Broads and the like excepted), it seems to be almost all narrowboats.

That's interesting. Can that be true or are you talking about boats afloat everywhere on the water rather than just inland waterways. Whenever I'm walking near an inland waterway (Norfolk Broads and the like excepted), it seems to be almost all narrowboats.

Given that the topic title was UK boating that doesnt just limit us to canals :lol:

Given that the topic title was UK boating that doesnt just limit us to canals :lol:

It's just that 'buccaneer' mentioned 'inland waterways' in their opening post, and it seemed it was on a programe called 'UK Boating', so I imagined the thread as was about a TV series that - in this case - was focusing on inland waterways.

It's just that 'buccaneer' mentioned 'inland waterways' in their opening post, and it seemed it was on a programe called 'UK Boating', so I imagined the thread as was about a TV series that - in this case - was focusing on inland waterways.

Even on inland waterways you are allowed boats that are not narrowboats. They are not mandatory

I saw some of this programme last night for the first time it mention rivers,canals and the norfolk broads,it talked about GRP cruisers,narrowboats, aboat a hire boat holiday in france, the Aire and calder canal about bulk goods transport.

In ref to the numerous advert these were information slots about local boat meetings/festivals.

The prog is on freesat 402 at 8pm several times during the week.

The main presenter also hosst a prog on caravans and motorhome of which I have one and I find it very informative.

I wil continue watching and I just asked last night if others are aware of it.

Yes and it isnt mandatory to own a narrowboat on a canal either. Other forms of boat are avalaible.

Indeed so.

However, in the context of the waterways which are the primary focus of a CANAL forum, it is true to say that the majority of boats encountered are narrowboats.

yes but not many own rowing boats or canoes on here

Charles

Please, don't upset the canoeists...

Richard

Why not,

They have been upsetting me.

I don't mind being overtaken by power boats, but this isn't on .....

Overtaken.jpg

Nor is it mandatory to use your "sewer tube" just on the canals, of course.....

DSCF3507.jpg

Of course not

(but it is the best place for them)

Why not,

They have been upsetting me.

I don't mind being overtaken by power boats, but this isn't on .....

You could just go faster :lol:

However, in the context of the waterways which are the primary focus of a CANAL forum, it is true to say that the majority of boats encountered are narrowboats.

One day the variety and character may return, though...

Whilton Marina, in 1973:

WhiltonMarina.jpg