It seemed a good idea at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Posts

Hi

The other night I was dabbling under the cover of my electrical box behind the control panel where it looks like a plate of spaghetti.

In order to get the access I needed I had a rush to my head and thought it would be a lot easier to gain access by snipping through the three thin wires that run to the Webasto heating control panel (the small led thingy). I was under the impression that when I was finished I could simply crimp the wires back together and all would be well as if I hadn't touched them in the first place - logical me thinks.

For some reason when I reconnected the wires the panel doesn't show a glimmer of anything now, not a blinking led display or anything!

I have taken a right earful from my missus along the lines of "how stupid can you get or are you going to drill some holes in the side too????

I have checked the fuse block (the 3 fuses in the webasto wiring loom) and they all look ok. The central heating was off when I snipped the wires, although the control unit was blinking at the time.

Any advice would be gratefully received or the number of a good marriage guidance counsellor might also be needed very soon.

Cheers

Hi

The other night I was dabbling under the cover of my electrical box behind the control panel where it looks like a plate of spaghetti.

In order to get the access I needed I had a rush to my head and thought it would be a lot easier to gain access by snipping through the three thin wires that run to the Webasto heating control panel (the small led thingy). I was under the impression that when I was finished I could simply crimp the wires back together and all would be well as if I hadn't touched them in the first place - logical me thinks.

For some reason when I reconnected the wires the panel doesn't show a glimmer of anything now, not a blinking led display or anything!

I have taken a right earful from my missus along the lines of "how stupid can you get or are you going to drill some holes in the side too????

I have checked the fuse block (the 3 fuses in the webasto wiring loom) and they all look ok. The central heating was off when I snipped the wires, although the control unit was blinking at the time.

Any advice would be gratefully received or the number of a good marriage guidance counsellor might also be needed very soon.

Cheers

Did you put the wires back in the correct order as in the right wire for the right connection. Try turning off the 12v for 10 seconds and reconnecting to see if that helps as this will reset the unit. Also check that the wires are securly connected as to make a firm connection.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for all the replies.

I have been given a stay of execution by the boss (as it is summertime!).

The fuses (3 in the Webasto loom) all look ok and all the wires are rejoined as properly colour matched so will check the connections again.

Anymore helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have been given a stay of execution by the boss (as it is summertime!).

The fuses (3 in the Webasto loom) all look ok and all the wires are rejoined as properly colour matched so will check the connections again.

Anymore helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

Could you answer Piglet's question:

If you snipped them all at the same time or the live caught a ground somewhere else, that'll pop the fuse.

Did you cut through the three wires one at a time, or all at the same time?

PC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all replies

Just back from the boat and all working normally.

Replaced two of the three standard blade fuses in the wiring loom.

I think the 1amp blackfuse had blown when I cut the wires but on initial inspection it looked OK !

The other half has a smile on her face again, well at least until I do the next Frank Spencerism!