Giant pike in city centre canal

Featured Posts

I'm not sure if that's a giant pike - looks about 15 lbs to me.

I agree

And if you consider that, apparently, a 45 pound pike was caught in the Thurne system this spring - THAT would be called a giant

I agree

And if you consider that, apparently, a 45 pound pike was caught in the Thurne system this spring - THAT would be called a giant

Ok Ok, but this one only gets to eat bits of left over black pudding and the occasional Holland's pie!

Not just supermarket trolleys and platic bags then!

C_71_article_1262828_image_list_ima.jpg

Manchester Evening News.

p.s. article should say Rochdale Canal.

Manchester and Salford Junction Canal, to be exact. Or what's left of it. Off the Rochdale Canal above Tib Lock. The photo showing him fishing again at the same spot shows the basin in front of the Bridgewater Hall.

(as seen below, looking in the other direction)

man080.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Manchester and Salford Junction Canal, to be exact. Or what's left of it. Off the Rochdale Canal above Tib Lock. The photo showing him fishing again at the same spot shows the basin in front of the Bridgewater Hall.

(as seen below, looking in the other direction)

man080.jpg

he'll be after that whale next!

... have to be quick, think she is making a sharp exit ... (perhaps she heard them 'wailing' in the Bridgewater Hall adjacent, or someone told her about all the sharks who work in the lawyers offices nearby?)

Daphne.jpg