Acorn Engineering

pete.i

Featured Posts

Hi all

I hope your all having a fantastic boating summer.

Does anyone know if Acorn Engineering are still going. I had a look at their web site the other day and they had some hardware that I wanted. I filled in the online catalogue form to order the bits and filled out the payment form and that all seemed to go okay. I did not receive any confirmation email though. A couple of days later I emailed them from their "contact us" link but, to date, have not had any replies.

Anyone know if they are still around.

cheers

Pete (as in Pete.I not the other Pete, because I sign off the same as he does. Always have done. :lol: )

Hi all

I hope your all having a fantastic boating summer.

Does anyone know if Acorn Engineering are still going. I had a look at their web site the other day and they had some hardware that I wanted. I filled in the online catalogue form to order the bits and filled out the payment form and that all seemed to go okay. I did not receive any confirmation email though. A couple of days later I emailed them from their "contact us" link but, to date, have not had any replies.

Anyone know if they are still around.

cheers

Pete (as in Pete.I not the other Pete, because I sign off the same as he does. Always have done. :lol: )

Dunno!

They appear to exist on Ebay still, 'cause I was looking at some of their things recently. We need a new greaser, for example! :lol:

PC

Dunno!

They appear to exist on Ebay still, 'cause I was looking at some of their things recently. We need a new greaser, for example! :lol:

PC

Hmm cheers for that Paul. Their web page is still working as is the payment form so presumably they are still around. They do say on the web page that if you want to visit then to give them a ring because they may be out of the office. I'll ring em on monday.

Pete

I bought their paper version catalogue when I started fitting out (8 rears ago, nearly finished!) Best £6-50 (refundable with order) I ever spent. Although I never actually bought anything it was an absolute goldmine of information, technical detail, lots of information about all the different pumps for example rather the the limited ranges that different chandlers favour. Much quicker & easier than searching round online shops with all their distractions.

Steve

I had trouble paying online, but a phone call soon resolved matters.

I agree about the usefulness of the paper catalogue, but, alas, Acorn are no longer producing it. Online shopping is great if you've got a fast connection, but I'm struggling with my dongle. Does anyone know of a catalogue equally comprehensive as the old Acorn one

Hi all

Just an update on Acorn for those interested.

I received my bits that I ordered from Acorn Engineering today so they are still about. I ordered online and did not get any confirmation that my order had been accepted or that the card payment had actually gone through. Neither did I get a reply to my email to Acorn's customer services enquiring about my order. So I do not know what has happened to the web site in that respect.

Cheers

Pete.i