Time scales

ukrizla

Featured Posts

Hi we are in the process of selling our home and becoming live aboards,but what I wanted to know is what time scale are we looking at,In an ideal world from paying a deposit, all well with a survey, to hand over.I know this isnt a set in stone process but just a rough guide would be most helpfull,as we have to stay with the outlaws from sale of house to purchase of boat,and to be honest as much as I love them the prospect of living with them for more that say a week is filling me with dread.

Any experiences woulld be most welcome

In the middle of this now.Paid deposit May 1st, survey not till 11 June due to que for crane out.Suspect a week or two after that for whatever works needed.Don't know if that is normal, suspect it might be a little slow.I'm chilled though.

In the middle of this now.Paid deposit May 1st, survey not till 11 June due to que for crane out.Suspect a week or two after that for whatever works needed.Don't know if that is normal, suspect it might be a little slow.I'm chilled though.

Stay chilled - - for after you get the boat life becomes even more laid-back . . .

Enjoy the sense of expectation!

Took me four years, from order to float and that was for a brand new boat. :lol:

ps. long story, that many know, so not going to repeat, do I sense an euphoria of relief. :lol: :lol:

Edited by bottle

It all depends on how quick you can book a dry dock/survey. We saw our boat, made offer that day, increased offer following day.Offer accepted.. Booked dry dock /survey ASAP which happened to be around 10 days or so later. All was well on survey , we transfered the funds and the boat was ours the next day , just as soon as the money went through.We then had the rest of the week in dry dock where dh did the blacking. We were very lucky with our brokerage who talked/walked us through every step[Rugby Boats]

Enjoy your new life when it starts

Val

It all depends on how quick you can book a dry dock/survey. We saw our boat, made offer that day, increased offer following day.Offer accepted.. Booked dry dock /survey ASAP which happened to be around 10 days or so later. All was well on survey , we transfered the funds and the boat was ours the next day , just as soon as the money went through.We then had the rest of the week in dry dock where dh did the blacking. We were very lucky with our brokerage who talked/walked us through every step[Rugby Boats]

Enjoy your new life when it starts

Val

Hi we are in the process of selling our home and becoming live aboards,but what I wanted to know is what time scale are we looking at,In an ideal world from paying a deposit, all well with a survey, to hand over.I know this isnt a set in stone process but just a rough guide would be most helpfull,as we have to stay with the outlaws from sale of house to purchase of boat,and to be honest as much as I love them the prospect of living with them for more that say a week is filling me with dread.

Any experiences woulld be most welcome

Well if you are selling your house too and this is a factor in raising funds for the boat purchase then it will take as long as your house takes to completion surely....

Well if you are selling your house too and this is a factor in raising funds for the boat purchase then it will take as long as your house takes to completion surely....

I am well aware that the house has to go before the boat is purchased the question was a rough guide to how long from offer to it being mine

I am well aware that the house has to go before the boat is purchased the question was a rough guide to how long from offer to it being mine

My mistake I misunderstood - I thought you were referring to the whole process.

My mistake I misunderstood - I thought you were referring to the whole process.

I do appologise my reply seemed a little sharp,I really need to stop working nights. No the whole process of selling the house is dragging on a little longer than we both expected,it went on the market last September and we have just made the second price drop so fingers crossed now.

Shaun.

Edited by ukrizla

I do appologise my reply seemed a little sharp,I really need to stop working nights. No the whole process of selling the house is dragging on a little longer than we both expected,it went on the market last September and we have just made the second price drop so fingers crossed now.

Shaun.

No problem - good luck with the sale.

Basically, if no work needs to be done before you take possession then as soon as you're happy with the survey you can pay the money and sail off with the boat. There's no exchanging contracts like with a house.

So it's theoretically possible for... Monday morning see a boat you like, arrange out of water survey for Tuesday, pay money Tuesday evening and sail off with boat. In reality tying a surveyor to available dry dock times can sometimes take a while, then if work needs doing it's down to how long that takes.

Tony