multi pages of new posts

Featured Posts

is it just me not noticing or is DHutch clearing away pages of new posts faster? I seem to remember it sometimes getting up to 8 or 10 pages of new posts, which was good to skim through, otherwise I forget new topics, short memory span... much like a goldfish!

perhaps there are just less new posts but I miss the big pile?

edited to spell DHutch correctly...sorry Guv!

Edited by Chagall

If you mean the posts you get when you hit "view new posts", then nobody is clearing any lists, except you, I think.

They should be ones that are new since the last time you accessed the forum, and hence the list will usually be different for each forum user.

is it just me not noticing or is DHutch clearing away pages of new posts faster? I seem to remember it sometimes getting up to 8 or 10 pages of new posts, which was good to skim through, otherwise I forget new topics, short memory span... much like a goldfish!

perhaps there are just less new posts but I miss the big pile?

edited to spell DHutch correctly...sorry Guv!

Glad you said this, I find looking through the posts more difficult in the new guise.

Huh...well Durhh!..never thought of that! Gosh I wish I was as bright as I was....

but..but...now see....... when I went out for a walk 1/2 an hour ago there were 2 pages of new posts topics, now they have been tidied away a bit quick and I only have 10 topic windows to peruse, I know I can go search through the headings for new posts, but tisn't the same!....stamp..stamp!

anybody else see what Im getting at or am I still in blond mode?

There does seem to be something different about what the forum software now considers to be "new", as things didn't have to be as new as they do now to be new.

Richard

Is that what you mean?

possibly :lol:

Let me try again. In the old days for a thing to be new it could be quite a bit older than the current new items that new posts produces. Now something is new, because for a thing to be new enough to appear in new posts it cannot be as old as it was in the old days. So I get less new posts with the new ways of working than I did when I got new posts in the old days

Is that right?

Richard

I "mark all forums as read" when I have looked at the list and viewed anything of interest to me. When I "view new posts" I get whatever has been posted since I last cleared the list myself. It's always worked like that and still does.

Edited by journeyperson

Let me try again. In the old days for a thing to be new it could be quite a bit older than the current new items that new posts produces. Now something is new, because for a thing to be new enough to appear in new posts it cannot be as old as it was in the old days. So I get less new posts with the new ways of working than I did when I got new posts in the old days

Is that right?

Richard

Its okay, I think I've lost the will to work it out!..... I think you're right and I'll just nod and say Yes. Thank you. :lol:

Is that right?

Richard

Richard,

Have you had a few too many pints of 'Owd Roger'?

. . . or perhaps I have - 'cos I can't quite work out what you are saying

:lol:

What new guise ?

Is there a new guise ?

Why haven't I got it!!!

Alan, when I look I see the original post and a directory to previous posts at the bottom of the page, I seem unable to follow through from start to finish anymore, not too bad if you going through something with 6 or 7 replies, but a nightmare going through our lengthy "Harefield" post. Maybe its just me but I have found it worse.

Alan, when I look I see the original post and a directory to previous posts at the bottom of the page, I seem unable to follow through from start to finish anymore, not too bad if you going through something with 6 or 7 replies, but a nightmare going through our lengthy "Harefield" post. Maybe its just me but I have found it worse.

Have you inadvertently clicked on one of the viewing options?

At the beginning of the topic on the right hand side, is a button marked options - press that and then choose 'Standard' in 'display modes' - this should return you to what most of us see as a 'normal' page.

Also make sure you haven't checked any of the other options.

ooo...me ..me...me miss..I know the answer to this one!.... you did click on 'Options' inadvertently so click and press Standard and all will magically solve... :lol:

edited to add.....

tsk....class clever cloggs Graham beat me to it! :lol:

Edited by Chagall

Richard,

Have you had a few too many pints of 'Owd Roger'?

. . . or perhaps I have - 'cos I can't quite work out what you are saying

:lol:

I would try to explain more completely, but my head just imploded

Richard

If you mean the posts you get when you hit "view new posts", then nobody is clearing any lists, except you, I think.

They should be ones that are new since the last time you accessed the forum, and hence the list will usually be different for each forum user.

I don't agree, "new" posts used to hang around until I cleared them, now every time I log on everything that has been offered to me before has gone, I want the old system back

I don't agree, "new" posts used to hang around until I cleared them, now every time I log on everything that has been offered to me before has gone, I want the old system back

Eureka! Yes, thats what I meant....phew!